IJ 3rd Model, Trigger Stuck

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by tonygrz, Aug 7, 2009.

1. tonygrz

tonygrz New Member

Hi,

I have an IJ 3rd model in 38 S&W. The trigger will not turn the cylinder, it's seems stuck. But when I open the revolver, the trigger will then cycle, the firing pin will come out and the indexing arm will move up. But when I close it, it sticks again. I can't figure this one out.

Please help.

Thanks,

Tony Garza
  2. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

i believe you have a malfunction of the automatic cylinder stop. open the revolver and then look to see if the cylinder stop is moving as you cock the hammer. in order to see it must be done very slowly. in most cases it is not the actual cylinder stop that is the problem but the tip of the trigger that activates the cylinder stop that is the problem. it usually require the replacement of the trigger. this is not a hard job but does involve some one who is willing to undertake (and under stand) the repairing of these revolvers.
    bill
  3. tonygrz

tonygrz New Member

Thanks for the always great response Bill. Being that I have ten thumbs, I think it will stay stuck. BTW, it's a hammerless model and chromed. Makes an interesting paper weight.

Thanks again Bill for this response and all your great advice you give to us on this forum.

Tony Garza