IJ 410 Skeet-er

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Left Coast, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Left Coast

Left Coast New Member

Hello,
    A friend of mine (going on 30 years now) has entrusted me with his Iver Johnson 410 Skeet-er. He he has asked me to look into the value of the gun for potential sale. I thought that I would get the process of this thread started...

Side by Side
    Dual Trigger
    I believe it has a Factory Rib
    SN S 2282E (the "S" is stamped above the numbers)

I will try to snap some detailed photos tonight...

Any help would be really appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Frank
  2. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

the only information i can give you is what appeared on the iver johnson catalogs. mr. bob beach of griffin & howe may be able to give you some information if this gun was sold thru them. they still have their records as well as those of abercrombie & fitch. these companies were big retailers of this high dollar double barrel shotgun. be prepared for a long wait on the sell of this gun. they will bring high dollar but you will have to find the right person.

IVER JOHNSON SKEETER--------------------------------------1930-1941
    Box lock side by side double barrel; each barrel and lug forged as one piece proofed and then joined together; Selective fancy figured American Black Walnut butt stock and fore-end, both hand checkered and lacquer finished; automatic extractors or automatic ejectors; automatic or manual safety; large beaver tailed fore-end with D & E fastener; full pistol grip butt stock (straight grip optional) 14 ½ inches in length, drop at comb 1 5/8 inches and drop at heel 2 5/8 inches; special skeet bored barrels; Lyman #10 front sight; Jostam anti-flinch recoil pad; miller single trigger, selective or non-selective; gauges 12, 16, & 20; barrel length; barrel length 26 and 28 inches; weight with 28 inch barrel all gagues 8 ½ lbs.
    VALUE: 100%=$2995 60%=$1195
    Add 15% for auto ejector
    Add 25% for Miller single trigger

IVER JOHNSON 410 SKEETER--------------------------------1930-1941
    28 Gauge & 410 Bore; Box lock side by side double barrel; chambered for 3 inch .410 long shells; American Black Walnut straight grip butt stock (full pistol grip special order) beaver tail fore-end, plain extractor or automatic ejectors (automatic ejectors have D & E fastener; hard rubber butt plate; 26 and 28 inch barrels special skeet chocked; Lyman #10 Ivory front sight; two triggers; butt stock drop at the comb 1 ¾ inches, drop at the heel 2 ¾ inches and 14 inches in length; weight 6 pounds; built on same small frame as .410 Hercules Hammerless.
    VALUE: Add 50% over large gauge models

bill
  3. Left Coast

Left Coast New Member

Bill Thanks for the info... I am willing to wait for the right collector/buyer. I wanted to do my due diligence to see what the gun is worth and make sure that I am and will ask a fair price.
  4. BillM

BillM Active Member

Interesting little gun!

From the 30th Blue Book: 100% $6000, 98% $5,100, 95% $4,200,
    90% $3,300, 80% $2,995, 70% $2,400, 60% $2,100

These values are for the original, mfg 1930-1941

There was also another Skeet-er, made in Italy in the late 70's and
    early 80's. A few imported. Values are quite a bit lower for that one.
    ".410 bore, straight grip, DT, Arkansas address, extractors, figured wood"
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2010
  5. Left Coast

Left Coast New Member

So I am dredging up and old post to update with some pictures that I said I would post months ago:eek: I am finally getting to it and as I was talking to my buddy... It is time to start ramping up the sale of this interesting little piece!

With that in mind and the addition of pics... Any additional thoughts?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]