Illegal aliens going to college?

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by ARB, Feb 26, 2010.

1. ARB

ARB New Member

Well, it looks like Missouri is passing something that allows illegal aliens to go to college. All they need to do is graduate from a MO high school. Say, what?
    Maybe, I'm missing something here. I thought it was crazy when GW was going to give them all a driver's license. Is there even a such thing as immigration laws anymore? Don't get me wrong, some of these folks just don't have a choice, and for the betterment of their families they wade the river. But, at what point do we draw the line? Why do we even have a border?:confused:
  2. wpage

wpage Active Member

This crazy illegal alien stuff is gone too far...
    If its illegal then what the?
    So we should disregard the illegal gun laws we choose?
  3. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Don't EVEN get me started!:mad:
  4. navis128

navis128 New Member

I took out a loan to go to university...I got the cost print out back and I had made a donation to the "foreign student scholarship fund". It was just a buck, but it's the principal. I had to take out a loan, I don't want to donate to a student fund, let alone a foreign fund. If they want to go to school, they can get their own loan.

The chancelor wouldn't hear my complaint.
  5. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

The policies in MO colleges are totally one sided and they are not on the minorities side. I paid for my college and my wife too. A bunch of illegals going for free won't last w/o some sort of revolt but then those that are against it will be called racist. Were I
    went, you had to at least maintain a 2.0 or after 2 semesters of below a 2.0 you got kicked out. The minorities had 4 semesters to get it together. So here they are wanting to be treated equal, insisting that they are just as smart (witch they are) but demanding 4 tries at a 2.0 or above. WTH
  6. ARB

ARB New Member

Yeah, I don't know the specific's on this thing. I kind of tuned out when I started to feel ill. :(
  7. navis128

navis128 New Member

I think what it might be is the "In State" tuition clause. The illegals don't think they should have to pay "Out of State" tuition fees.
  8. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

California already lets them do it. According to that book I read, the illegals account for $200 million worth of California's deficits.

I say kick them all out starting right now. If they aren't legal citizens, put them on a bus and take them back to where they came from.

My grandparents were legal immigrants from Sicily or Greece and weren't given anything but what they came here with. Why should these other immigrants be given free this, free that? Just because someone feels sorry for them? I'm sorry but my tax dollars are better spent on things WE - the legal citizens of this country - need. If they can't afford college educations, they can do like my grandparents did and join the armed forces or get jobs or whatever. My great grandpa owned a grocery store. My grandpa owned a liquor store, worked at banks. My other grandpa was in the Navy in WWII and Korea. They were real working class heroes. Everything me and my family have today is largely due to their hard work. They weren't given anything. They went out and earned it. These people should too.

The reason that this keeps going on is because of Democrats. Nobody votes them out. People vote for them because they think they are doing the right thing, or being progressive or something by doing it when all they're doing is screwing themselves. I admit it. I used to be a Democrat. Then I opened my eyes to the truth. That I was just perpetuating things I wanted to stop. I honestly don't love the Republicans, but I will vote for them simply because I hate the Democrats. I am a libertarian because I believe in doing what is right, what is logical and what is best for me and the rest of America. It's high time these other people did that too. I don't know why anyone would be a Democrat. I like how they all hate all these dictators, talk about how the world needs to be rid of them, but they vote for Democrats that want to take away everything and control people. Maybe I'm just missing something here. Or maybe I have common sense.

This thing with the MO schools is plainly and simply BS or as we would call it - pure 100% Pelosi. It's the same way here in Wisconsin. You pretty much have to have perfect grades to get into the UW-Madison. If you are a minority, you don't have to have perfect grades. All thanks to Affirmative Action. Some call it giving people a fighting chance. I call it racism. I mean when you specifically deny it to white males, isn't that discrimination? Then whenever I go and talk to people about this, they say oh you must be a racist because you want white people to be given things. It's bullcrap. But I guess that's what happens when you live in a liberal place.
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  9. red14

red14 Active Member

Give that man a ceegar.
  10. ARB

ARB New Member

In my cloud of nauseum, I do remember hearing something to that effect.
    Poor schmucks, having to pay out of state fees. It's just not fair.:rolleyes:
  11. navis128

navis128 New Member

Yeah I'm not sure when it happened, but between my older kids age box and my daughters age box a "life is always fair" clause was written somewhere.

I haven't been able to find it, but it must be there right? I mean "they" keep saying "that's not fair" so somewhere "they" read it to be a right or something.
  12. red14

red14 Active Member

It's kinda like, somebody breaks into your house, and demands a cooked meal, leaves a mess for you to clean up, and then says you are rude for mentioning it.
  13. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

I think if you are a legal citizen of the United States Of America and have the satisfactory GPA to be accepted into the school, they have an obligation to admit you. They have no right to deny you for anything besides that your grades are not high enough.

The he\\ with these illegals. I hate it how our government goes helping them all the time. If they were in power, they wouldn't care about us if we were in their situation would they? No.

They shouldn't be IN this country, let alone going to ANY college at all.

I think one of you guys ought to run for office.
  14. Lee C.

Lee C. New Member

Don't tell me the democrats don't know how to bring in more votes for there partty. :mad:
  15. Hurryin' Hoosier

Hurryin' Hoosier New Member

For some reason, this subject reminds me of one of Gus's lines in "Lonesome Dove": "Just once in my life, I'd like to shoot an educated man." :D