Illinois Assault Weapons Ban

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by gvw3, Aug 1, 2012.

1. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

The Chicago Democrat used his amendatory veto power to gut a bill related to ammunition sales and add language prohibiting the manufacture, delivery, sale and possession of semi-automatic assault weapons and attachments. Illinois lawmakers could accept or override the changes, or not call a vote at all.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/31/illinois-assault-weapons-_n_1724835.html

Our non elected governor is at it again. :mad:
  2. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

Aren't there several gun manufacturers in Ill?
  3. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    That's just what the murder capital of the world needs, more anit-gun legislation! I bet the criminals who have these banned guns will turn them in right away!
  4. gvw3

Springfield Armory, Inc. is one.

Illinois government could care less about jobs. Just give everybody food stamps and welfare.
  5. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Typical liberal response to the problem. Never really tackle the real issues at hand. Always strip the honest citizens of their rights and create more kill zones. Then they scream they need more money for more police. Liberals are so flippin stupid its pathetic. I hope criminals hit his house.
  6. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

The liberal lawmakers that make these stupid moves have nothing to worry about from criminals, Dan - they ALL have very well armed men guarding them and their families.
    Being unarmed victims of crime is the job of us little people, not our benevolent leaders.
  7. Juker

Juker New Member

Gun restrictions in Illinois have proved to be a major success, clearly evidenced by the 38% murder rate increase in Chicago:

http://www.examiner.com/article/chicago-s-murder-rate-up-38-2012

28 and a wakeup. Me and mine are outta this state forever. Somebody dies, somebody gets married, we'll send flowers - but I will never set foot in Illinois again.
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  8. HAGEN442

HAGEN442 New Member

Just another Foolish Obama Pawn doing the " Talk the Talk"

Sounds like the Crimes Bosses are becoming a lot more concerned aboutthe number of citizens
    "Shooting Back"

9. gvw3

Juker you still in Illinois? I thought you got out of her a few months ago. I would love to get out of this state myself.
  10. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

Hey george i think you would be alot happier moving one state to the east so you can enjoy the weapons you want.But I know you cant its just a shame illinois is that way.
  11. gvw3

12. Millwright

Millwright Well-Known Member

A couple have already moved. I suspect this will make the rest follow ! But, WTH, what's the loss of skilled jobs and tax revenues when PCism stands to the fore ? (Bureaucrats always think their jobs are invulnerable ) ! >MW
  13. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

The Chicago thugs (politicians) have a long and proud history of ignoring or violating the Constitution. They have ignored their Constitutionally mandated responsibility to fund their share of the teachers retirement pension fund for so long they are billions of dollars in arrears. The interest alone on the money they have to borrow to pay their retirement obligations amounts to 35% of their annual budget, and all they can come up with for a fix is hand-wringing, finger pointing, tax increases and threats of cutting Constitutionally guaranteed pension benefits, insurance and cost of living adjustments for teachers who, in good faith, paid their share for, in most cases, 38 years of service, longer than any other civil service occupation.
    Their attitude is to make the cuts and let the teachers file law suits letting the courts decide on the Constitutionality of the move. Meanwhile, the money they will save by not contributing their share will line their pockets. The Federal Government needs to step in and make them follow the Constitution, but I forget, Obozo learned all his tricks from the Chicago Democratic Machine.
  14. mogunner

mogunner Well-Known Member

Come over the line here in Missouri, we'd love to have ya here. We're shall issue on CCW, a lot of the cities are starting to have bowhunting inside city limits on deer, and we can hunt deer with a rifle that has a max of a ten round mag. Them dang vehicle inspections are a small price to pay IMHO!
  15. gvw3

Mogunner I have a best friend that lives in Farmington. I was just down to Mountain Grove For bobskis TFF shoot in MO. I like it down there. Problem is I have a good job here.