Illinois Governor calls for Assault gun ban

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by gvw3, Jul 24, 2012.

1. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward-room/Quinn-Speaks-Out-For-Gun-Control-163569706.html

Pat Quinn Illinois Governor is using the shooting in CO. to push his anti gun agenda. Don't forget this guy got his job when our last governor was arrested. He is not an elected governor. He has to go!!!!

With respect to laws, I’m for a ban on assault weapons in our state. I campaigned on that in 2010. I also feel that these high-capacity ammunition magazines need to be regulated and prohibited. I think it’s important that our state show the way. There’s bills that have been introduced on that subject of assault weapons and these ammunition magazines, and I think we have to renew our efforts there.

Pat didn't stop there. :mad:

I’m opposed to the conceal carry proposal. The idea of allowing people to carry loaded weapons that are hidden, on their person, and be able to go in public places, whether it’s a movie theater, a grocery store, a shopping center or a sports stadium, I just don’t think that’s a good way to prevent violence. I said last year I would not support that proposal that was in the House, and I don’t support it now.
  2. skullfr

skullfr New Member

bet he wont go without protection of some type
  3. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

If he feels that way then he does not need any body guards either.:mad::mad::mad::mad:
  4. gvw3

The last mayor of Chicago Richard Daily has 3 Chicago cops assigned to him for full time protection. They carry AR-15 and High cap Glocks. He has been out of office for over a year. Pat has the State police guarding him full time. They have the same type of arms.

It's good for them but the rest of us can do without it. Don't forget we are mere citizens. They are the elite government.
    :mad:
  5. buildit

buildit Former Guest

Just reported on NBC gun sales in CO are skyrocketing. Hmmmmm, seems the people most effected don't agree with the ban either. :)
  6. armoredman

armoredman New Member

Yes, NICS checks up 41%...that's a HUGE jump.
  7. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Well-Known Member

I really need to quit reading this forum. My blood pressure goes through the roof. I can not comprehend or fathem or conjure or deduce how the bloody hell anyone that is deemed sane can really say that CHL are bad and create violent crime. Seriously someone help me out before i stroke out. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
  8. gvw3

It makes me mad to but don't let these guys get to you. I took out my rage by going to the news stories and posting comments on what an fool he is. Seems he got a lot of folks mad about this. :)
  9. buildit

buildit Former Guest

It truly shows how little faith liberals have in anyone they can't control. ;) A well armed public is a liability to their desire to make us dependent upon them for everything.
  10. Twicepop

Twicepop Well-Known Member

This is the automatic standard Liberal stance for any crime commited with a firearm. "More gun control is needed", Illinois and Colorado have some of the most restrictive gun regulations in the country, and see what it has caused. Besides, who cares what this a**hole thinks, history says it won't be long until he starts making license plates also.

those who beat their guns into plowshares, will plow for those who didn't
  11. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

assault rifles are already banned unless you have a class 3...

pretty sure that the definition of assault rifle means 'select fire' or full auto. But what do liberal anti gun idiots know? they don't know crap about guns, that's for sure!

Hey, a guy broke all kinds of laws... let's add NEW laws! idiots....

it's 'scary looking gun' syndrome again...
  12. buildit

buildit Former Guest

In three days, the Colorado Bureau of Investigation approved background checks for 2,887 people who wanted to purchase a firearm. That was 25 percent greater than the average Friday-to-Sunday period in 2012, and 43 percent greater than the same period the week prior.

In Arizona, Jeff Serdy, owner of A.J.I. Sporting Goods in Apache Junction, estimated he saw up to 40 percent more traffic than usual in the two days after the killings.

"I looked out on the floor and said to myself, `Whoa, look at all these people,'" Serdy said, noting many customers expressed concern that lawmakers may use the shooting to try to pass gun restrictions. Political analysts say there is little appetite in Congress for such laws.
    http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...AL&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-07-24-20-28-56
  13. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Look for another Executive Order from the clown in charge!
  14. skullfr

skullfr New Member

Hell I can rip off rounds on a semi almost as fast as a 3 round burst or full auto.The new slide-fire stock uses the bump fire concept and is just as fast as a full auto and it comes with a ATF approval letter.I think my BP got so high because of this kinda crap thats why I try and lighten up some.
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  15. FlashBang

FlashBang Member

This Governor is an idiot... last time I checked Chicago was in Illinois and has one of the highest murder rates per capita with some of the most restrictive gun rights. Maybe he should be explaining that one.....