I'm afraid I bring sad news

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SouthernMoss, Oct 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lead

lead Well-Known Member

RIP Steve. My prayers go out to all his family and friends.
  2. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

I am very sorry to hear of the loss.

This is indeed a great forum, informative, interesting often entertaining and polite. Something to be proud of.
  3. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

In Feb 2001, I was contacted by Steve about starting TFF. We started, I think, with only five members and grew steadily over the years. We had many phone conversations lasting into the wee hours of the mornings about board problems and new things to bring to TFF and VMBB. We spoke of personal stuff, friends, family, members,guns and would even solve the problems of the world in our conversations. I'm going to miss that. Steve would always end our phone time with" You and me Bro". I'm going to miss that too.

Steve was the heart and soul of TFF and VMBB. It was his baby and he cared for it deeply. When there was a potential problem, I would get an email titled " URGENT". After a couple of emails and a PM or two, the phone calls would start and the problem was solved. I'll miss that too.

In the early years, I remember something didn't go just right and I called Steve for advice. His answer, " What are you asking me for? You are over this board and have a great staff, I'm just the Admin guy". "Thats what I pay you for". We had a big laugh over that because ,as you know, no one gets paid. I can't think of any who would take it if we did. :)

There is so much more I'd like to say but I'm having trouble seeing the keyboard. I have lost a great friend and I'm not too happy about it.

When you say a prayer tonight, please include Steve and his Family.

RIP: Tac401

"You and me Bro."

Attached Files:

4. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

For those of you who may not know......

Steve was the original "wagonmaster" who led the original wagon train of us "miscreants" from "Brand X" over here to TFF......a bunch of scruffy refugees who, under his leadership, have become a family.

Thanks old pal......TFF wouldn't be here without you......we're all diminished by your loss.

Heaven must be a better place, now that you're there. :)
  5. blackhawkkid308

blackhawkkid308 Member

thanks steve and may God bless.
    bhk308
  6. Ursus

Ursus Active Member

He will be missed. Condolences to his family.
  7. njretcop

njretcop New Member

Mrs njretcop and I would like to add our condolences to all here at TFF. We feel a very special loss as both Steve and Sam have been very helpful to our forum.

It is a sad day............:(
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2008
  8. When I joined TFF in late 2005 there were less than 3,000 members here. I remember that so clearly because, at the time, there was a contest running to try and increase membership to the 3,000 level. As of this morning, there are nearly 16,500 of us and that number is still growing daily. There is perhaps no greater tribute or memorial to Steve that could be built than the legacy of this forum, this community of friends. I am proud to have known this man, however briefly, and I am proud to be both a member and a staffer here among this group of kind and decent people.

Yes, Sam, there is more I could say as well, but like you, I'm finding it difficult to see the keyboard right now. We'll miss you Steve.
  9. bonkerpro

bonkerpro New Member

I am relatively new here but can tell from what I see that many hours of thought and diligent labor have gone into this unique community. May he rest in peace.

With my prayers for his family and friends.
  10. Haligan

Haligan Well-Known Member

RIP brother.
  11. Thomas_1

Thomas_1 New Member

Very sorry to hear about this. Our prayers are with you and your family
  12. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

I came on the scene in March of 2003 and had the pleasure of getting know Steve early on. We, too, shared lengthy telcons, as did Sam, through the night and in the wee hours of the morning covering many subjects, including the proverbial kitchen sink. These will be some of the fondest memories that will keep him alive in my mind.

There is so much more, as the others said, but my mind is slow to work through the deep shock and sadness of these times.
  13. Mrs. DCD

Mrs. DCD New Member

On a beautiful little farm high up on a hill.
    A man can leave no greater legacy behind than his thoughts and ideas live on in the hearts and minds of those he touched.

May God bless his family with the strength they need at this time.
  14. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

Prayers sent.
  15. PPK 32

PPK 32 Active Member

I can't say it any better than this. Thoughts and prayers are with you. Thank you Steve.