I'm afraid I bring sad news

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SouthernMoss, Oct 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UncleFudd

UncleFudd Member

I did not know the man personally and I am fairly new to the forum.
    But I am a better person and wizened by his actions and deeds. Thanks to all who survive who keep and share his legacy with us every day.
    Steve, you are in the better place and we will one day meet. To his family, Lean on us a little. Let us help you to carry the load when you need a little extra.
    God Bless you all at this time in your grief.
    UncleFudd
  2. jjmitchell60

jjmitchell60 Active Member

Raised in Buzzard Roost near Frog Town in hillls o
    Thank you Steve for this place of solitude and a place where the normal is to NOT be attacked or put down. I know you are in good hands now, God has a plan for you and I know Carla is hurting now but I hope Carla will remember one thing. Steve may be gone but he will never be forgotten. I have been a member for a long time so how long he has touched my life I cannot say but as Pistol said, there were 3000 memebrs when he joined, that is 3001 people's lives that Steve touched on that time on the forum alone. A man that touches that many STRANGER's lives, no doubt has touched so many more family and close friends lives. R.I.P. Steve, Carla you and your family have our deepest condolences from here in the Mitchell household. IF, and I am serious as to this, IF there is anything we can do to help you and your family in this time of sorrow and need; just say what it is. Take care Carla and always remember that Steve will always be with you in your heart, he is in God's hands but he is in your heart.
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2008
  3. Enfield

Enfield New Member

So sorry to hear the sad news - my thoughts are with his family

I guess that this site will be a fitting, lasting memorial, it would be nice to think we all left something so good behind
  4. ptrck

ptrck New Member

My condolences and prayers.

Jason (warpig883)
  5. whiteclouder

whiteclouder Member

Tac401 gave me some memories I'll not forget. RIP.

Clouder..
  6. TRAP55

TRAP55 Active Member

A man is measured by the kind of mark he leaves on this world, Steve left a good one here.
  7. UncleFudd

UncleFudd Member

A word of caution guys and gals.

We have lost two very decent people in just the past few weeks with the passing of Steve and Stash.
    Don't be the third.
    God Bless YOU ALL at this time as we all grieve for our lost brethren.

UF
  8. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

Wow.

As one of the "second" batch of "miscreants" that came over when we had like 12 members, I got to know Steve very well.

Him and I worked together with a potential sponsor early on, and I got to know his philosophy pretty well..."they pay US not the other way around...we will GROW this thing bigger than anybody can imagine!"

Which is a pretty GUTSY philosophy when we have like a few hundred members, compared to some other boards, and the guy talking to us has a pretty decent sized growing business...ever since the guy backed out I wonder if he has ever checked back in and saw how big we GOT...

I remember the times we "passed the hat," to keep it going too..

He called me after my heart attack last year, and admonished me to "eat more venison..";)

The last time I talked to him on the phone he was looking at a '97 Trench Gun that had been converted back to a riot, and was trying to decide if it was a good deal, and decided to ask me since he said he consodered me "the resident '97 Winchester expert on TFF" (I was HUMBLED that he thought of me that way....) (I just hope my experience with mine and what I read from Canfield's book on US Combat Shotguns gave him enough help on that one....:eek:)

When he offered me my moderator's "powers" back on that last call, and I declined, explaining that not only is my schedule erratic, but also because as I got older and crotchedier I felt a certain "freedom" expressing my own opinions, and not wanting it to reflect on the board if I stepped on some toes, he told me he understood completely, he said he "lurked" on a lot of our wild discussions under a "secret" name a few times, and got fired up and wanted to get involved with the arguments, but refrained, for that same reason.

He wanted NOTHING to reflect badly on this forum.

RIP Steve, from an old friend.

Polish
  9. missy13

missy13 New Member

Hello this is Carla, I just want to thank you all so much for all the beautiful and kind thoughts and prayers for me and my family on the death of Tac.
    We are having a very hard time with this and it is so nice to know he was so well liked by everyone. It was such a shock to find him like that as we were just watching tv together a few hours before.
    We are having calling hours here from 5-7 PM and the Funeral at 7 Pm, Wed Oct 29th here in Newport Vermont. It is at the Curtis Britch Funeral Home, Silas Ave, Newport Vt. Then Thur, Oct 30, he is going to be taken back to Catskill N.Y. near where we originally lived for burial in The Catskill Town Cemetary where a lot of my family are also buried.
    Steve's (Tac) wishes always were to have a closed casket and to be buried back near we met and lived 16 years ago and I am planning to move back to eventually, so I am honoring his wishes.

My son Jonathan, is home from the AirForce for 2 weeks and we are giving each other moral support to help us get through this.
    My other son lives in NY and will be there for us on Thursday.

I just want to let you know I have talked to Ginga and we will keep the board alive for Steve. I don't know much about it as this was his thing.
    Thanks again and I will come on every once in a while to post in memory of Steve who was so proud of this board.

Take care and God Bless you all!
    Carla and Jpnathan
  10. Starlord174

Starlord174 New Member

I am new to the site, but I feel the loss of Steve, and send sincere condolences to the family from my wife and I.
  11. Redneck

Redneck New Member

I've sat here for 15 minutes staring at the reply box, I cannot find the words to express my feelings right now. I'm sorry :(
  12. nolacajun

nolacajun New Member

My sincerest and most heart felt sympathies go out to Steve's family. I knew him only slightly, but his sudden passing still shocked me. Prayers and condolences go out to his family and those who knew him well.

Keep him in your heart, and remember with a smile all the good times you had.

John
  13. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Carla, it is good to hear from you here...Please know that you are in our thoughts.

*hugs*

Donny
  14. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Carla, it's good to hear from you. As I told you on the phone, the staff will make sure that TFF and VMBB stay around for a long, long time, and will continue to run the forums the way Steve would have wanted.

You take care of yourself, and know that any TFF'er will be happy to do anything we can to help you get through all of this.
  15. flannelman

flannelman New Member

Rural Arkansas. But isn't all of Arkansas rural?
    May God give you grace and peace during this time of loss. Prayers sent.