The Firearms Forum banner

I'm getting a headache

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  ryan_marine 
#1 ·
Ok. My boss has handed me another project. This is a Remington 22 semi-auto tube feed rifle. It feeds from the butt stock. The stock is plastic and pretty much covers the entire rifle. It was in a fire he had about 15 years ago and has not been touched since. It seems to function alright but is completely full of nastiness. I'm hoping someone here has seen one of these before and can give me some clues as to disassembly. I've taken the metal cover off of the action and underneath is like nothing I've seen on a little .22 before. Basically...I'm stumped! :( It desperately needs to be completely taken down for cleaning. VERY dirty. The bottom of the stock says "Remington Nylon 66". Hope you guys can help. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I got lucky! Did a search on Ebay and someone is selling an original flyer for this rifle. They posted pics of the flyer and the pics they posted are of the disassembly procedure! Now I've already got the thing apart. :D And I will be careful of the cleaner I use. Thanks for the tip. :)

#4 ·
Good luck. I have seen this before out in Cali. I hated the one that was brought in then and I will hate the next one I have to clean out. If it was my rifle I would clean the out side and never shoot it. I have not seen one shoot good groups. Just my opinion. But good luck with it. They are light and feel different when you shoot them.

Ray

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.