I'm lazy

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by Bobitis, May 25, 2011.

1. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

I admit it.

Unky Sammy gave me my money back (sans interest:mad:) and I'm lookin at getting a .45 pistol.

Your thoughts please. I don't want to spend more than 750 bucks.

Thanks in advance.:eek:
  2. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

Buy the store
  3. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

Easy. Buy an STI Spartan 1911 and spend the rest on lots of ammo...or grips..or holster/belt.
  4. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

The spartan would be a fine choice. And you could get some nice TFF grips with the savings!
  5. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Active Member

If you can wait a little while Ruger is now doing production on the sr 1911 stainless beautiful gun and the finish is excellent. A friend was lucky enough to get one. Right now they are like hens teeth but they sure are nice and I myself will have one when I can find one. Also like Shooter and JLA said the Spartan is a very nice gun with lots of room to modify. A guy that shoots at my club built one to his liking and I like that too.
  6. NGIB

NGIB New Member

For me, there are only 2 platforms in the .45 ACP caliber - 1911s and Sig P220s. While I have 3 times the number of 1911s to Sig P220s, they each have their place for me. While none of my current stable of 1911s is ammo picky, some of them can be and this is where the Sig shines - it will shoot anything I put in them. Lots of good choices in your budget, for a 1911 I'd probably lean towards a Springer Loaded (lightly used) or Range Officer. Early reports on Ruger's offering have been positive as well - but I never buy anything that new myself...
  7. Old Guy

Old Guy Member

I too would look at the Ruger SR1911 as I am. It is 100% American made and has the most popular upgrades. Or, you could hold your money and wait on their next 1911 which will probably be a Commander size. I have been impressed with what I have seen so far. STI is a good gun but the model is made in the Philippines. I for one am ready to be bullish and support the 100% American market.
  8. PanhandlePop

PanhandlePop Member

Depends on what you are looking for--size, purpose, finish, etc. If you are looking for a full size range gun in 45 or 9, I agree with Shooter45, the STI Spartan is an excellent choice for the money. Plus, STI really stands behind their products.
  9. Helix_FR

Helix_FR New Member

Spartan my friend. The Rugers are sweet but good luck finding any soon that you can handle. Plus the spartan being slightly less expensive you can opt for something extra for it, ie night sights, good grips, extra mags etc
  10. American Leader

American Leader Well-Known Member

1911 for my choice. Taurus and Remington arn't too bad for under $600.00. I think I'm payin $630.00 for my new Ruger. There are also good used Springfields out there for $500.00. Take your time and look around and I'm sure you will find something you'll like!
  11. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

For instance, http://thefirearmsforum.com/showthread.php?t=90523 :D
  12. Inthewind1976

Inthewind1976 Member

I'd personally buy a pair of Rock Islands. lol