i'm looking for a small rifle!

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by rosierita, Mar 16, 2004.

1. rosierita

rosierita New Member

:D help!! LOL! okay ~ i'm not knowledgeable about guns really, but i want a rifle that is shorter than a 22. :confused: is there any such thing?! i need some names & opinions ~ if there is such a thing.
    i have a 22 semi automatic & it's a little long for me, i was hoping to get something around the same power, but shorter, or i guess anything that doesnt have a kick that will lay me out on the ground! LMBO!:D thanks for any suggestions!:)
  2. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Are you talking another .22 or larger calibre?

Marlin makes a nice smaller lever action in .30-30 that is designed for smaller folks and youth. It has a 16½" barrel and a slightly smaller pull, about 12½". It's the 336Y, Spikehorn. It would make a nice overall gun good for most purposes in your area and with very little recoil.

What were you planning on doing with it? Most of the manufacturers have a smaller weapon in most any calibre. Being left handed, though, I favor the Marlin and their lever actions so I admit being prejudiced.
  3. rosierita

rosierita New Member

to be honest, i guess target practice & self defense, i'm not too thrilled at having a pistol, although one day maybe....:D i dont really hunt, i get bored too easy! LOL! & troy says i make WAY too much noise!:eek:
    i'm pretty open to suggestions! (LOL! troy just came in here & was looking at this thread... :rolleyes: he didnt realize i meant smaller as in length.... i think he thought i looked like an idiot asking this question:confused: ) thanks for any input! :p
  4. Brob73

Brob73 New Member

:D

Attached Files:

• mp5.jpg
      mp5.jpg
      File size:
      3.3 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2004
  5. rosierita

rosierita New Member

6. JohnK3

JohnK3 New Member

What I can't figure out, Brob, is why you would recommend such an inaccurate gun as the MP5?

Fired one the other day at a range in downtown Lawrenceville, GA. Full-auto, too. Whether in single shot or full-auto, its accuracy wasn't worth beans.

The M1A1 Thompson, however, was a very accurate little toy. Made bigger holes, too!
  7. 45Smashemflat

45Smashemflat New Member

Gotta love the Thompson - too bad they are SOOO expensive....

Little gun - how about any of the older Marlin Camp Carbines? 45 or 9mm...
  8. Country101

Country101 Active Member

Hey, JohnK3, looks like it has a big enough clip to compensate for the innaccuracy. If nothing else, it can give whatever you are shooting at a heart attack!

Country101
  9. Brob73

Brob73 New Member

Ok, how bout' the Ruger .44 carbine!? is that better!
  10. ruffitt

ruffitt *TFF Admin Staff* In Heaven Now

What our lovely young lady, Mrs. Rosierita, is actually asking is for recommendations for a samall bore rifle with a shortened stock.

Doing a google search for "short stocked rifle" or "short rifle stock" brings up numerous pages of manufacturers who specialize in such "after market" items. This, however, is not what she is in search of.

Doing a search of "youth model rifles" brings up numerous pages of firearms manufacturers who provide rifles with shortened stocks that may be what she is looking for.

If you need further assistance Mrs. Roserita, don't hesitate to ask. Someone will come by and offer assistance or lead you in the proper direction.

Regards
  11. JohnK3

JohnK3 New Member

ROFLMAO!

You got that last part right, Country!

I have to admit, the Thompson was heavier, but its clip had the same capacity as the German Blundergun.

Next time I go, I'm trying out the PPSh!