I'm looking to buy a 380 for my wife

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Capt Mac Turk, Sep 23, 2011.

1. JohnHenry

JohnHenry Well-Known Member

Mac .... About typing , in high school .
    I can't type worth a darn and I took typing for two years in H.S.
    There were 29 gals ( and myself ) in the class *GRIN* didn't say I didn't learn anything
    but, typing was not high on the list .
  2. Brisk44

Brisk44 New Member

I'm looking to trade my wife for a .380.:D:D:D:dontknow:
  3. Capt Mac Turk

Capt Mac Turk New Member

So Fla-- NO place to Shoot AKA "TFF" Posting Clo
    YEAKS LOL:eek:hmygosh:

:dontknow::dontknow:I wouldent trade a Crate of 380's for mine!!!!!:dontknow::dontknow:

No one else could (or 4 that matter Would) Put up with ME! :devilish: & a :fart:er

Truly I'm blessed my wife is a Saint.:bow::halo:
  4. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

I't sounds more like Cap has the "WHAT IF" phobia, than a gun thing.
    "What if my boat sinks?" Use the inflatable!
    "What if it doesn't inflate?" You have a life vest!
    "What if there's sharks in the water?" I give up, what if?
    Thankfully I'm not afflicted. I can't be bothered.

My post was neither sugestive or persuasive, only conversational. Oh well.
    Personaly if I was looking to buy a carry gun for the wife I'd take her to the biggest gun store around and let her see and feel her options in hope of making the right choice, then shop price. BassPro has a pretty good selection here and they even have an indoor range.
    That Bersa looks like a sweet gun!
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
  5. Capt Mac Turk

Capt Mac Turk New Member

SORRY Your right though I worry 2 much (Stress)
    LOL yea thanks on the wifes new Bersa I had NO Idea she even bought it.
    She just walked in with it yesterday afternoon I was like they dident do a 5 day hold?
    She payed 4 it last weekend. If my wife wants something She buys it & then it just kinda shows up...:dontknow:
    I DO THAT I'm an azzhole WHY dident you ASK ME?:dontknow:
    I woulda liked to have some input on that Mac.:banghead:
    Hey GOOD one as far as saying PBS had a range. I just called my local store about the "Range" I NEVER knew they had one.:bow:
    I'm grabbing my Marlin 60 & going plinking this afternoon!
    I just called $10.00 an hour
    thanks Mac
  6. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

Hmmm... you know for some reason I had just assumed it was for hand guns only, I didn't even realize we could do the rifles there! Cool.:)
    Now I'm wondering what their limitations are.
  7. Capt Mac Turk

Capt Mac Turk New Member

The one by me said rim fire only but the store by me is way small compaired to the new one they built in Miami.
    I would think it has alot to do with the store there location

P.S.
    Ran threw a box of Federal 550 in like an hour & a 1/2 and bought some more!
    I would love to say its because I clean my guns EVERY time I shoot but I only stove piped like 5-6 out of 600-700 (They were closing & ran my azz out) LOL:D
    At 25 yrs I was grouping them in the size of a .50 cent piece I need to learn to get pic's off my phone & on to here Ashley told me I need to load them to the puter then photo bucket them ,,,,then load them 2 here.
    Holy crap I was lost A loading them onto the puter!

Mac
  8. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member

[QUOTEPersonaly if I was looking to buy a carry gun for the wife I'd take her to the biggest gun store around and let her see and feel her options in hope of making the right choice, then shop price. BassPro has a pretty good selection here and they even have an indoor range.
    That Bersa looks like a sweet gun![/QUOTE]

THAT is the reson the small stores are going out of business:mad:. You know you can get a good price from a small store to.I have a wide selection of hand guns(and long guns to).The big box stores have thier special guns(the ones they have made for them).But the small guys have other things like a smile when you walk in. And a gunsmith right there to talk to who treats you like you are not bothering him.Even a cup of coffee and donuts.I too have a short AND a long range to shoot at.Have you ever brought a gun and had a proublem? When you take it back to a big box store you are treated like you are a pain in the neck.Just yesterday I sold a hand gun to a man(he was sent to me by a long time customer)He just got his permit and did not know what he wanted so we went outside with a 9mm, .40 and my .45 and shot them all.We went back inside and he bought a .45 when we were doing the papper work he said (Great that takes care of a carry now how about a hand gun for hunting) we went back out and shot a .357 and a .44 mag he loved my S&W 29 and wants one.HOW MANY BIG BOX STORES CAN YOU DO THAT AT?My prices are not any differant then the big box stores and the service IS ALOT better.A customer comes in here they become a friend one that is greeted with a smile and a hand shake.And welcomed back even when they come in to b.s. and not spend any money.Now again I say HOW MANY BIG BOX STORES can you just hang out in and B.S. with the employes.Doulble D knows what I am talking about.;)
  9. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    You got me to thinking here, and I simply can not remember ever buying a gun from one of the Big Box Stores? Maybe I have, but I can't remember the ocasion. Usually, I just drop by Mom, and Pops store, and if they don't have what I want, I order it. My experience in the big stores is that everything is over priced, and service is, well, take a number, and we'll get to you eventually! At Bass Pro Shop they have a large selection of hand guns, but none of the cheaper ones. At Accademy Sports, they have a smaller selection of guns, but none of the more expensive ones. I've been to Cabela's, Dick's, and Gander Mt., but I have never bought a gun from one of their stores. I shop at several small shops, one in Carthage, TX, one in Longview, TX, one in Marshall, TX, and one in Shreveport, LA. These folks get all of my business. I have recently discovered that the owner of our General Store, here in Elysian Fields, TX, now has his FFL, let's see what he can do for me!
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  10. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

Goofy....sorry for the misunderstanding and after I read what I had posted I expected someone may take it the wrong way. I in no way meant that I would steer away from the small shops. I do my business at the small shops and I didn't sugest that I would buy from a big store. I agree with you completely, but my thought at the moment was that my wife is not me, I can start with any number of guns and change my mind yet being confident with whatever I have at the moment, but if this gun is for my wife, where can I find the largest selection for her to look at, to hold in her hand, get the feel and possibly even fire, in order to quickly zoom in on a style for her needs.
    Where my wife is concerned I don't want to play trial and error on a carry gun. I'd want the right gun up front. When the right gun is found I can purchase it from my local guy, who I always deal with. Even if he doesn't have it, he'll get it for me. So all I'm really saying is that my approach may differ in that particular sercumstance. I was not generalizing at all, the senario was quite specific.
    Whether it's a gun or a car or whatever, the standards are different for my wife or kids than they are with me. Still I'm all about dealing with faces I know.
  11. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member

fuzebox40. All is good:thumbsup:. I understand.:)
  12. 6x6pinz

6x6pinz New Member

I wish you lived here. All the small shops have such ATTITUDE. If you don't want a glock or whatever the flavor of the day is then they don't want to talk to you. Buying a 380 here from a small shop would have been impossible, every one of the smaller shops I went into wanted to push 45's (which I just don't care for). Go to a big box store and you better know exactly what you want because there is little to no knowledge base there, they just want your money.
    Cabelas used gun collection is my salvation here. The gun department employees don't have a clue what is on the shelf. I bought a brand new (no box so sold as used) Franchi AL 28 for $350 OTD.

Need more small gun shops who care about putting the right firearm in the right hands. Oh yeah we have the three letter boys telling our stores who to sell to.
  13. Popgunner

Popgunner New Member

Goofy
    the gun was stolen from a house two cities over & when I called to check the serial number I was told that, I called that citie's PD who took my basic info & I told them I'd have it to them within the hour. They did want to hear my story about a kid selling me the revolver at a local shooting range. I guess they believed me because from that point I never heard another thing. The detective i spoke with only told me the owner was jazzed about getting his gun back.
  14. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

Yeah, I bet he even would have shook your hand!
  15. vytoland

vytoland New Member

if you want a clean one....................buy it at bud's guns.
  16. cluznar

cluznar Former Guest

Good choice on the Bersa Thunder, I have one that I carry loaded with Corbon pwrball ammo and I trust it completely. She should do well with it, many women like the Bersa Thunder .380.