I'm not gonna get the LCRW rifle...

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by glocknut, May 21, 2009.

1. glocknut

glocknut New Member

I've just spend the last couple of hours reading many threads on their webpage and i'm a little confused as well and concerned. Many threads with problems with things that i think are related to them cutting their teeth on a new rifle design as well as a market SCREAMING for product NOW....

I think it is a good sign that they allow threads that relate to product problems/issues to stay up for everyone to see but its obvious that the company Rep and Bob the sales guy are frazzled and getting a little wild in their replies to questions posed over problems with the rifle...

I can't help but wonder if quality in every manufacturing company is suffering due to the strain of demand?

Another thing running thru my head is the design of the AR15 itself. There were several thread about wear issues on AR15s in general not related to LWRC. I guess if you don't pull the charging handle evenly on both sides there can be a wear issue? I guess having one of those add ons on the charging handle that makes it easier to grab ahold of the charging handle is a common culprit in that issue??
    Then there's carrier tilt... and i still don't know what the heck that is?

And i don't know if the XCR is gonna be any better? I think its a fairly new rifle as well...
    The thought poped into my head about putting one of those gas piston conversion kits on the Rock River AR15 that i have...but that can be a freaking nightmare as well. Sending it back to be readjusted or whatever could be a nightmare!

Why aren't these rifles as good as Glocks and 1911s...or Sigs and other pistols. Is rifle design really that much more difficult to get them operating as reliably out of the box as pistols are?

Maybe i'm looking at the wrong designs? Maybe i should have bought an M14 instead?

AKs are great... in their intended caliblers and maybe in some unintended calibers like 308. But i have read on other forums that they are not as flawless when chambered for .223? I dunno.

mike
    gn
  2. Tony22-250

Tony22-250 New Member

Ok Mike. Carrier Tilt Happens after you fire a round and the bolt carrier reaches the back of the upper and the rear of the bolt carrier goes down wearing down the nipple infront of the buffer here are some pics and links.

Oh and Mike..... M14 or variants of it any day over an AR! I think the AR design is good but its not the best it still needs improvements here and there and some kinks worked out but thats going to happen more and more in the future!

Here is a link about the Carrier Tilt issue and how this guy is correcting it.

http://www.ar15armory.com/forums/Anti-Carrier-tilt-No-Tilt-t39548.html
  3. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Oh...

Why would a pisten driven system be more prone to this problem?

mike
    gn
  4. Tony22-250

Tony22-250 New Member

Because the piston does not apply even pressure to the bolt/ bolt carrier and it kind of rotates the bolt/carrier causing the front of the bolt carrier to go up and the back to go down slightly as opposed to the direct impingement system where some what more even pressure is applied due to gases. get what im saying?
  5. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Got it. I guess changing a design results in unintended consequences?

mike
    gn
  6. Tony22-250

Tony22-250 New Member

yes but they are correctable and minor. only problem a buffer like that isnt on the market yet.... like i said give it some time and the AR platform will be as reliable as an AK and as accurate as an AR.

I say forget them both and go for a FN SCAR or even an H&K G36! I have shot a G36K and it was AWSOME!!! The police force in Kingsland GA use them and I went to the range i was fortunate to put a few mags down range!

scar-l_all.jpg

g36ccomparison.jpg
    Last edited: May 22, 2009
  7. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Hmmm.... eye candy. :)

Those HK rifles are pricey though. One of the sales guys at the gunshop today said he is hearing the new HK MR556 is going to be in the $3500 price range! Thats...just...a bit pricey for me. Especially for a 223/556 rifle.

mike
    gn
  8. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

Actually sounds pretty affordable considering the price of the POFUSA wannabes and the other H&K Rifles :D
  9. glocknut

glocknut New Member

You lost me on that one Vlad? "POFUSA" ? Copycats? Is that what you meant?

mike
    'gn
  10. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

If I recall correctly, POFUSA has like hacked an HK416 into a civilian version for a while. They are probably good quality but its not the real thing. Though checking the website my idea of their MSRP might have been inflated.
  11. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

I wish we could get a REAL civilan version of the G36 here. Closest a civilian can get is an SLR-8 turned into a G36 clone. It's close, but not quite, and it's hideously expensive to buy the SLR, the converstion parts, and have the work done. I still can't figure out why HK woun't make an actual semi-auto G36 for the US market. They'd make a killing over here in the .223/5.56 market.
  12. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

I don't recall having problems with an M-1 Garand but a M-1 Carbine I was issued kept coming apart. It was worn out and armory wouldn't issue another. Must be a generic problem with little rifles.
  13. islenos

islenos New Member

One day all these rifles will be free for the taking, as you will find them lying upon the field of battle.
  14. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Yes... one day the rapture will take place and the Iranians will get them all... who knows there might even be an aircraft carrier adrift at sea that they might get ahold of as well..... :( Hopefully the submerged subs with the nukes are beyond their reach....

mike
    gn
  15. islenos

islenos New Member

Yep, but in the last days prior to the rapture there will be plenty of demons to shoot at as were running for the hills.:eek:
    Last edited: May 22, 2009