1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Immensely Dissatisfied with Lee

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Guest, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (8/12/02 5:45:01 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All
    ezSupporter
    Immensely Dissatisfied with Lee
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Specifically their AmmoMaster progressive press. Well, supposed to be progressive. Wont load more than three in a row without something going to hell.

Lee's 'Perfect' Powder Measure is anything but... up to 0.5gr difference from throw to throw.

The priming system on the AmmoMaster is the absolute cheesiest piece of crap ever devised.

Oh well, back to the blue!

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com
    Master Dealer for Kimber, Wilson Combat and Dan Wesson

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (8/12/02 9:39:12 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Immensely Dissatisfied with Lee
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hmmmm............sounds like you ran into some junk, Doc.

The Perfect powder measure I have is very consistent with its throws. Only problem I noticed is that fine grain (read, pistol ) powder leaks around the shaft. Rifle powder does quite well.
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"

AGunguy
    *TFF Staff*
    (8/15/02 4:05:28 pm)
    Never buy any Lee presses, except maybe the 4 station Turret press that looks like it might give a limited progressive service.

I'll buy Lee dies, auto primer (hand disk thingy) but that's about it.

Their powder measure system is some abstract numerical system that totally sucks...and seldom throws consistent measure droppings. The one I once had kept coming loose and screwing up the loading process...dumped all that Lee crap except the primer system and their dies. Sorry, Lee...but you need to get with the standards of other reloading mfg. with its powder grain system. And build your damn powder measures out of some pot metal like melted down old Spanish pistols. This ain't a plastic world is it?

I love my Dillons...with Hornady coming in behind it. And 3rd my C&H 4 die station H-press which I've greatly up graded with some invention accessories I've come up with.

GG

Bompa
    (8/20/02 8:24:41 pm)
    A friend bought a lee progressive press and had so many problems that they,lee, bought it back from him and he bought a blue machine..No problems and great customer service,so everybody says..
    I like my Lyman T-Mag..No problems and not too slow..

AGunguy
    *TFF Staff*
    (8/20/02 9:03:20 pm)
    Lyman is every bit as good as RCBS stuff. I've owned some Lyman accessories over the years and I like their dies very much.

GG

shooter45 us
    *TFF Chief Of Staff*
    (8/21/02 8:46:57 am)
    Can't go wrong with Dillon. I'm setting up my new RL-550 today.

tuckerd1
    *TFF Staff*
    (8/21/02 1:14:22 pm)
    Sam, It's about time! Your reloading bench sure looked bare with no press on it.
    "They that can give up essential Liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither Liberty nor safety." (...Benjamin Franklin, 1759)

shooter45 us
    *TFF Chief Of Staff*
    (8/21/02 1:39:03 pm)
    It sure did Don. Almost back to normal.

AGunguy
    *TFF Staff*
    (8/21/02 6:28:29 pm)
    Yea! Dillon.

GG

rayra
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/1/02 2:29:46 am)

(love posting that)

armabill
    (9/2/02 4:57:52 pm)
    yep, go with Dillon!

shooter22
    *TFF Staff*
    (9/3/02 5:19:34 pm)
    Ya know, from all the pics that I have seen of reloading equipment and rooms, my loading space seems to match all the others(small). I say we all turn the nice big kitchens into reloading rooms! Are you guys behind me?

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (9/5/02 8:04:13 am)
    Hail yeah Shooter45... you've got my vote!!!
    In this age where truth is fleeting and mass manipulation is common, the ability to detect when something doesn't make sense is a valuable one.