Imperial German Forestry Short Sword Dagger "Available"

Discussion in 'Knives & Edged Items' started by Insjim, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Insjim

Insjim Guest

Just clearing out a few of pops ammo boxes, I have this Imperial German Dagger. I cannot find a maker, Perhaps you can find one if its cleaned but I aint messing with it. Stag grips are excellant everything else is rusty. Pommel down to crossgaurd are loose but stay together, perhaps you can pop the peen to tighten. Can be had for $100 or I just drop it back in the ammo box.

IMG_5557.jpg

IMG_5558.jpg
  2. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs Active Member

It's a hunting dagger, designed for finishing off wounded game. It's an older one, judging by the iron fittings. I would say pre WW1.
  3. stede

stede Member

No offense, but you're unlikely to fetch a Benjamin. The rust is bad enough but more importantly the blade has been sharpened enough to deform it's original contour...
    If it were mine (and I collect Imperial German edged weapons, so I don't say this lightly) I would clean the active rust from it, put a nice edge to the blade, and carry it as a field knife.
    Let's face it- the collector's value is nil. But it would be a classy carry...!
  4. Insjim

Insjim Guest

Yea your probably right I was just looking on Snyders website and they had the same exact one for $900 in very nice shape. so I was just thinking someone might want it as a conversation piece for cheap, I suspect it will fetch $100 or so on Fee Bay. I will leave the cleaning of it alone, it may not hurt the value at this point but I like it the way it is, Looks a little better in person without the flash. Would make a cool custum field knife but I have plenty of those. I like and use my Ken Richardson knives for the field..Love the damascus blade.
  5. popgun

popgun New Member

poor old girl looks like she could use some loveing care