1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Imperial sizing wax

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by armedandsafe, Jul 5, 2004.

1. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Do any of you use it? I'm on my 3rd can since 1948. I keep trying other stuff and comoing back to the old favorite. I like things that work. :D

Pops
  2. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

I've never seen it. I use either RCBS or Lee Sizing lube.
    Is it less messy than what I'm using?
  3. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I just set the can beside the machine and wipe one finger LIGHTLY across the wax. Then wipe that finger over the open neck and spin the neck in my fingers. Even the old -06 dies work smoother and don't stick with just that little film. I've never had a stuck case using it.

I have used both rcbs and lee and was not as happy with them. I don't load a lot, perhaps a few thousand rounds per year, and a can lasts for quite a few years. A little hard to find, though.

Pops