Import Rules- Hi Cap Mags

Discussion in 'The Pre-Ban Forum' started by stash247, Dec 13, 2003.

1. stash247

stash247 New Member

Pursuant to the high cap mag ban, (1) Is my understanding correct in that to be legally possessed by a non-leo, said mag had to simply EXIST before the effective date, or (2) Did it have to exist, in THIS COUNTRY, before the date.
    Trying to decide whether some sub-caliber conversion mags (.22 in a FAL type .308 conversion) can legally be brought in from Canada.
    Anybody done this, or know someone who did??? Thanks.
  2. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

...stash,...this is the way I understand it to be... :) If i'm wrong someone will come along soon to straighten me out...:cool:
  3. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

When the ban was placed, there was a long grace period. During that time, production and importation was stepped up 500%-1000%, because they had years before the ban took effect. There are those who think the supply is limited, well maybe so. If everyone buys thousands at a time. Also bodies were made without internals, these too classify as preban. Importing from Canada.....uh-no-no-no, but it goes on and the prices are better. Since most of the magazines in Canada are marked "Export Only" and none can be imported here (so some say) I find it funny that new-so called "assualt rifles" are still being imported with high capacity magazines. Must be who ya know. Doesn`t really answer the question......does it??

LTS
  4. boeboe

boeboe New Member

Imported Mags

It is my understanding that hi-cap magazines can be imported as long as it can be demonstrated they were made before the '94 ban. At least, that seems to be the consensus on the GB forum. They have said that this loophole had Feinstien hopping mad, nothing could be done about it. There are a lot of 10/22 mags being imported from Canada with the "export only" markings ground off, these would be illegal. I have also heard that someone up there has learned to work the "plastic" type material on the Beta C-Mags to remove the markings, and some of those are coming in, be careful!
  5. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Oh my God, Brand X lives???????????

Oh my!:D :D :D :D :D :D
  6. stash247

stash247 New Member

Well, y'all, my stuff came in and customs didn't sieze it, so I know it's legal!!!! (LOL)
    Just be ready for a rather long delay if you buy stuff out of Canada, since the freight stops, switches, and resumes at the border; Tracking numbers, etc, are worthless, since they change at the line.
    Good news is, the US dollar has a lot of clout, and the Canadian inventory is abundant.
    If you're into what the freaks in Kalifornia call WMD (Assault rifles),or pieces for the same, look at www.Canadiangunnutz.com.
    Their prices are within reality, and they have some stuff we seldom see down here.
    Thanks, Terry