Important Nebraska Second Amendment Bills

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by Taurus_9mm, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Taurus_9mm

Taurus_9mm New Member

I stumbled across this while perusing another board. :mad:

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=3396

Important Nebraska Second Amendment Bills

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Please Contact Your State Senator Today!

On Friday, January 25, the Senate Judiciary Committee will debate several bills affecting our Second Amendment and hunting rights in Nebraska. The hearing will be held in Room 1113 of the State Capitol at 1:30 p.m.

LB 958, introduced by State Senator Brad Ashford (District 20), would victimize gun-owners a second time by requiring them to report to the police that their firearm has been lost or stolen within 48 hours of discovery or face misdemeanor charges. It would further mandate that every firearm sold to be accompanied with a gun lock or trigger lock and require a trace be performed on any firearm recovered from a person under 18 to determine how and from where the person gained possession.

The second bill up for consideration, LB 929, outlaws hunting, fishing, and trapping in Nebraska and would make anyone who hunts, fishes, or traps guilty of a misdemeanor on the first offense and a felony on the second offense. This outrageous legislation is sponsored by anti-gun State Senator Ernie Chambers (District 11).

However, the Judiciary Committee will consider some good legislation on Friday. LB 826 would allow military personnel stationed in Nebraska to apply for a concealed firearms license if they meet the other standards of the concealed carry law in Nebraska. Introduced by State Senator Mark Christensen (District 44), LB 826 would allow the members of America’s military the right of personal protection while stationed in the Cornhusker State.

LB 690, introduced by State Senator Deb Fischer (District 43), would help preserve Nebraska’s hunting heritage by creating a mentored hunting program and lower the hunting age in Nebraska. LB690 is part of the Families Afield Initiative that is a cooperative effort between NRA, the National Wild Turkey Federation, U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance and National Shooting Sports Foundation. LB 690 has made it through the first round of debate and is currently awaiting action in Select File where it will be on track for final passage.

Finally, on Tuesday, January 22 State Senator Kent Rogert (District 16) introduced legislation (LB 1076) that will protect your Second Amendment rights during a declared state of emergency. LB 1076 will prevent law enforcement or any governmental agency from confiscating your lawfully possessed firearms during an emergency situation, such as occurred after Hurricane Katrina.

Please contact your State Senator today and respectively urge him or her to oppose LB 958 and LB 929. These two bills will have a drastic impact on law-abiding gun-owners and sportsmen in Nebraska.

Also, urge your State Senator to support LB 826, LB 690, and LB 1076.
  2. maddy08

maddy08 New Member

This article is very nice. I got some information about firearm after reading this article. These bills give a drastic impact on law-abiding gun-owners and sportsman.

=================================

maddy

Nebraska Drug Treatment
  3. SaltwaterCowboy

SaltwaterCowboy New Member

Wow, that is some BS! I've got 1204 acres set back in NW Nebraska that I hunt on all year round... Thanks for the news, just shot off an email!!!
  4. jack009

jack009 New Member

This bill has nothing to do with the security of the State House nor the LOB, all it does is further an anti-gun agenda and systematically dismantle the rights of law abiding conceal-carry holders.
    In the wake of the Virgina Tech massacre and more recently the mall shooting in Nebraska, we have all seen what happens in these "Gun Free Zones". We have also seen what happens when an armed citizen saves countless lives in the church shooting in Colorado.
    ========================================================
    jack009

Nebraska Drug Treatment
  5. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Note that the original post was in January, this year. It will be 8 months old Monday.

Pops
  6. alvagoldbook

alvagoldbook Former Guest

I'm in favor of people reporting to the police if their gun was stolen, and I'm in favor of gun locks...but geez....Do it in 48 hours or else? What if you're on vacation for three days? Why not just make it a law that you gotta report it to the police in 48 hours or just get a fine. like a parking ticket fine. wouldn't that be reasonable?

I suppose the idea is to keep down the whole gang activity thing, but geez, this is Nebraska. What's there other than corn?
  7. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

Why should the state fine you for something that is completely beyond your control? If the stupid law reads as you have interperted it then it surely won't stand a court challenge. Does anyone know someone that had a firearm stolen that didn't report it to the police? It's more nonsense that an overbearing gov't is trying to pass laws we don't need. What you need to be aware of with dumb a$$ed legislation like that is what else gets attached to the bill. The whole thing is the result of the liberal legislators watching too much "Law and Order".

As for gun locks I already spent money on a gun safe why do I need to pay for gun locks as well because I'm not naive enough to think they are free.
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2008
  8. bradpiit

bradpiit New Member

There is nothing called a free lunch is this world. If things needed to be resolved then initiative needs a support to be sorted out.

Nebraska Drug Treatment Centers
  9. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

The 48 hr. reporting requirement is just another attack on firearms ownership. You will need to make a daily inventory to protect yourself from the law. If you don't, and one of your guns is recovered, you, can look to loose that gun, be fined and probably do jail time. When I lived in S. Louisiana theives seldom did any jail time after their arrest unless they also committed a "serious offence". Many repeat offenders as an unwritten part of their releases, I wouldn't be suprised if they were required to vote early and often.
  10. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Thread Dredging.... :mad::mad::mad::mad:

mike
    gn