improving the glock trigger pull

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by focusmaniaczx3, Nov 22, 2011.

1. focusmaniaczx3

focusmaniaczx3 Member

just wondering what more i can do to lighten and smooth out the trigger pull of my glock. put the ghost 3.5lb connector in there so what else can i do?
  2. jfrey

jfrey New Member

You can also do the twenty five cent polish job on the internal parts that rub together. You can also add a 6# trigger spring. Ckeck the Glock forum for details on doing this.
  3. Helix_FR

Helix_FR New Member

Put a Edge trigger system in it. It will lighten it, remove overtravel and improve reset
  4. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

5. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

Mosin_Nagant_Fan New Member

If you like the 1911, but want to try a polymer frame, find a polymer framed 1911. If you can fire a 45ACP from a Glock/XD, then you can fire a 45ACP from a polymer framed 1911.
  6. Helix_FR

Helix_FR New Member

Kimber made a poly framed 1911 officers gun for a little. The aluminum ones were just as light so they stuck with them.
  7. 6x6pinz

6x6pinz New Member

From all the Glock Hype there is no improvement to perfection. I don't know how to explain Gen 2, 3, and 4 but I guess perfection isn't perfect.
  8. Boris

Boris Former Guest

Is that a fact or just an IMO?

If you don't know how to explain the difference then what's the issue with the different generations?
  9. reynolds357

reynolds357 Former Guest

Did you change the firing pin spring? Did you remove the firing pin block safety?
  10. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Wilson Combat has one - it's called the KZ45. From what I hear it's a very well built 1911.
  11. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

As for the Glock triggers, I didn't think they were bad at all for that type of a gun. I was able to group consistently well with the 19 and the 36 I tried at the range. Comparing it to similar pistols, I'd probably choose the XDm over it simply because it's Springfield (I like how they treat their customers and stand behind their product), and the XDm is a bit more visually appealing to me. Don't mean to get off topic there.
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  12. focusmaniaczx3

focusmaniaczx3 Member

luckily my local range officer happens to be a glock armorer and he was kind enough to let me get a feel for the lighter pull without charging me anything more than the time it took to clean everything after i was done. he just happened to have several identical glocks in the range safe with various weight combinations from stock to near nothing that he let me dry fire and then shoot. i thought that the lighter trigger would help me group better at range since the ghost connector helped so much over the stock connector. ive decided to stick with just the ghost connector. anything more than that is just simply too light. it just wouldnt be good to have such a light trigger on a carry gun. in a stressful situation it would be bad to have such a touchy trigger. thank you guys for the help though.

and as far as the 1911 goes it is a pretty gun, but i would never carry one. my hands are way too big for them. i know i could change grips but then i would rather have the grips bigger due to a double stack magazine. i cant get past the limited ammo capacity of a 1911. great guns for shooting for fun or just to look at but past that i personally have no use for one.
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  13. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

Get a double stack 1911. I have big hands (wear xl gloves) and the 1911 fits my hands just fine.
  14. focusmaniaczx3

focusmaniaczx3 Member

i dont think you understand what i mean when i say im a big guy with big hands. ive done everything i can think of to make the grips on my glock bigger and thicker. 2 layers of pachmyre grips, and a beaver tail and i could still do to have it a little thicker. my god its impossible to me to accurately shoot my wee little pf-9 but its a very reliable gun so i always carry it as a BUG. anyway i dont care for the double stack 1911s because they seem to be pretty prone to feeding issues. i might get the springfield version one of these days just to have it but i still doubt i will ever carry it. but since its been a few weeks since i crapped out a golden egg thats gonna have to wait awhile LOL.
  15. H-D

H-D Active Member

get the arched msh and a long trigger
  16. Boris

Boris Former Guest

He don't understand. We all know 1911s are great but it seems he has the same virus Glock fanboys have, only he had a 1911 when he got infected.

He has xl hands my man!! No human has larger hands than he and he shoots a 1911 just fine. You don't need that Glock! I stay away from the 1911 forum cuz I don't know much about them because they all seem to be individual and take getting to know each copy. I don't want a relationship with a pistol right now so I mainly use Glock. Call it what you will but if I were to get a brand new one next week it would perform like a 1989 made G17. 1911 fanboys will never get that.

Now I will get off the box.

I have put a lot of rounds down range from Glock pistols. I put a few 100k out of one G17. the best thing I ever did to lighten up a Glock trigger was to put a 3.5 connector in it and dry fire and live fire the snot out of it. The problem you run into with the $0.25 trigger job is it works great if you shoot less than 5k the entire time you own the pistol. Once you shoot it past that it is going to wear even more and be too mushy, won't break crisp. You will not like the feel at all.

In other words let your pistol wear itself in, don't polish it to make it smooth for now, you will hate it later. You have done all you need for now. Dry fire and hit the range a lot over the next few months and it will be real smooth.......
  17. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Accuracy, speed, power. The 1911 delivers every single time.

The 1911 came from a time when our fighting men were given the best tools possible, not some silly new-age plastic thing designed to avoid product liability lawsuits.

Not saying Glock is a poor gun, but when you get right down to the basics, the 1911 is better. It's a proven design with years of history behind it. Glock cannot say the same.
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  18. fordtrucksforever

fordtrucksforever New Member

LMAO! Guess you have never shot a US Army issued 1911.
  19. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Why's that matter? Remember the last time the US Army purchased 1911s was 1945, so by the time they were replaced in service in 1985 by the Beretta, all of the newest ones were 40 years old.
  20. Boris

Boris Former Guest

I was about to say the same as fordtrucksforever too.

Have you ever shot a 1911 military spec 1911? Them things rattle with the slightest shake. They are half as accurate as any box stock Glock. They were designed so you could take 100 1911s apart, put the parts into a huge pile, shake and mix them up then put a 100 pistols together from the same pile. Triggers are terrible on the pistol original JMB specs. The last date may have been 1945, but parts for them were being made more than 50 years later and a unit armorer could make one from new mil spec parts, and they were just as inaccurate and rattled just as bad. As much as I hate the M9, they are so much more accurate than 1911s it ain't even funny.

When it comes to a real JMB spec 1911 and a Glock, there is no doubting the Glock will be more than twice as accurate, far more reliable and durable with less rattle.

JMB didn't design a no slop Ed Brown all custom fitted 1911. They were modular mass produced rattlers that happened to fling 45s in a general direction.