in-line muzzleloaders?

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by remington1990, Mar 27, 2011.

1. remington1990

remington1990 Member

What is the best type of muzzleloader I looked at some break open and some bolt action but I don't know which one would be better and easier to clean I have a side lock that I love but I want some more reliable thanks
  2. J.D. Bass

J.D. Bass New Member

I like break action muzzle loaders. They now have removable breach plugs which opens up the barrel for cleaning. For cleaning I simply unscrew the breach plug and remove the forearm screw. Then take off the barrel and run hot water down it. Dry everything and run a oil swab and put it back together. I use a breach plug grease to keep the breach plug from locking up. Very easy. Last year I hunted with a CVA Wolf. You don't even need a tool to remove some of the newer breach plugs. Break Action is the way to go.
  3. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

If a side lock isn't reliable for you you're not doing something right and an inline probably won't be any more reliable till you fix what you're doing wrong.
  4. remington1990

remington1990 Member

I ain't had no problem with mind but I want to coyote hunt with a muzzleloader and I don't want to use my use my side lock. People around here has told me the the in line was better and I can't find loose powder like I can the pellets
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2011
  5. remington1990

remington1990 Member

And I can find bullets easier too
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2011
  6. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

I make my own.
  7. scrat

scrat New Member

break action muzzleloaders are great. One of the best companies to ever make one was NEF or H&R. NEF has been making break action shotguns and rifles longer than anyone. There quality was unmatched. Then a few years ago they started to make muzzleloaders what a perfect combination. Then all of a sudden they were bought out by remington then stopped making black powder rifles. if you could find a H&R rifle that would be the one to get
  8. old semperfi

old semperfi Active Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    try a traditions vortec inline,the breach plug comes out by hand,no tools needed.i own the pistol in 50 cal and its very accurate. old semperfi