In Loving Memory of Those Who Served. .

Discussion in 'Vietnam Memories Forum' started by Guest, Mar 6, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Rons Toys
    V.I.P. Member
    (5/21/01 10:16:23 am)
    | Del All In Loving Memory of Those Who Served. .
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Here is a site that list many Vets who have died.
    Ron

In Loving Memory of Those Who Served. . .
    This page is dedicated to all the veterans of the armed forces of the
    United States. Whether they died in combat or in bed of old age, we all
    owe them so much, because they bought our freedom for us.

www.behindthebadge.net/bl...y/mem.html

hope6970
    (5/21/01 2:51:19 pm)
    | Del Re: In Loving Memory of Those Who Served. .
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ron,

Glad you posted that on the board, I do not remember seeing that one before. - Hope

low2go
    *Senior Chief Moderator*
    (5/21/01 3:06:50 pm)
    LEST WE FORGET---.
    They shall not grow old,as we who are left, grow old---.
    Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn them.
    At the going down of the sun, and in the morning,
    we will remember them.
    No, I did not make those words up, but I remember them from a long time past--perhaps the Korean war era. Wilborn.

gorourke
    V.I.P. Member
    (5/21/01 8:39:35 pm)
    Ron,

Thanks for posting the link for “In Loving Memory of Those Who Served.” The personal tributes are very touching, what a special site.

Now I must add how surprised I was when I first looked at this page. The photo of the Dog Tags hanging from the Wall is one of a number of photos I took during a visit to the Wall. It’s a favorite of mine and I have it in a frame right here on my computer table. As many of you know, items are placed at the Wall by visiting family and friends. These tributes abound during Veterans Day, and looking at the items and reading the letters that often are placed with them can be very tough; not shedding tears is just about impossible.

That year, as I slowly walked past the Wall and the many items at its base, I came upon these tags just hanging from the Wall. There was no note or letter to indicate who they were for or who placed them there. At that moment, with my eyes still full of tears from viewing and reading the other items, I snapped that photo. It’s not the best photograph I’ve ever taken, but it is my favorite Wall photo.

I gave a copy of “Tags” to our BB moderator over on Prodigy and he placed it on the new Military and Veterans Home Page for a little while. I guess someone else liked the photo as much as I do. I am pleased and honored to have it displayed on this Memorial Site.

P. Gary