The Firearms Forum banner

In the market "Ruger"

Tags
ruger
4K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  Down Range Decals 
#1 ·
So I'm in the market for a good solid 1911 to build off of. I have narrowed it down to an SR1911. Has anyone here worked on one yet? What did you customize and why? Also has anyone found ammo that doesn't agree with the SR1911?

#2 · (Edited)
My SR1911 shoots anything I run through it. The only customization that has been done to it is these grips were custom made by a bunch of Pygmies that originated from under a guys door step. Some of those Pygmies apparently had offspring and migrated to another guys house because he apparently looked like their father. Anyway, long story short, the fella that looked like the Pygmie father type (the fatherly looking one) taught the Pygmies how to work with wood and they caught on quick. This is what they made for me. I am still speechless to this day.

Here is a link to the thread and it is post 25.

http://www.thefirearmsforum.com/showthread.php?p=1091773&posted=1#post1091773

#7 ·
I really like the Ruger 1911s. and they just released the new SR1911c, which is a freakin commander. My fav 1911 size.

#13 ·
I am really envious of the Ruger 1911s. A few weeks ago I found one online and didn't have enough cash. I got the cash and the place that had them were sold out and I couldn't find another one so I bought a Springfield Range Officer. I have not fired it yet, hoping that someone will want to do some trading for a new Ruger!

#15 ·
Oh......forgot to mention.....
old-ass Carl has not sent me a cleaning
cloth with his advertisement on it.
I am borderline appalled at that....as much as I
have advertised for him across the universe.
Good thing I am a long drive away from him
or I would tell him how upset I am....in person.

#16 ·
I think Carl was more like a KP Pusher with the Pigmies. I didn't have the same control abilities the other day when some small dark skinned men showed up at my door. They said they were on their way back to Georgia but had read on TTF that I was getting old and weak and was having trouble cycling my 1911. They said they could not only make grips for 1911s but were skilled in gun smithing and could solve my problem. I told them I had seen their grip work and didn't think much of the results. They assured me that they could fix my gun but that I would have to work up some lighter loads. So while I reloaded some Missouri 200gr LSWC that JLA had kindly sent my way with 3.8grs. of WW-231, they stripped the gun. When I finished the reloading I went to see how they were doing with the SR1911. They were gone and there was two coils of my recoil spring laying on the table next to the gun. Well I haven't had a chance to fire it but I can cycle the slide and that is great.

Attachments

#17 ·
I am really envious of the Ruger 1911s. A few weeks ago I found one online and didn't have enough cash. I got the cash and the place that had them were sold out and I couldn't find another one so I bought a Springfield Range Officer. I have not fired it yet, hoping that someone will want to do some trading for a new Ruger!
I wish I'd seen your post before listing it. I'm used to the soft recoil of my Sig. Yesterday I put 125 rounds thru the SR 1911 and by the end, the dang recoil did me in. Brutal, imo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.