In the path of the devil

Discussion in 'Religious Discussions' started by Alaska444, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Alaska444

Alaska444 Well-Known Member

I come before this forum one more time. When it rains it pours.

1) I developed a retinal bleed 3 days ago from the post op hypertension. This occurred paradoxically when my BP is actually starting to come under better control and my swelling is going down. The treatment is twofold. BP control and avoid all blood thinnners.

However, dialysis uses heparin to keep the lines and artificial kidney from clotting. When no heparin is used, you infuse saline to rinse the lines every 30-60 minutes, My first venture doing that didn't go very well. On my second treatment today.

2) Fresenius, the largest dialysis corporation in the world denied my dose of Fereheme, an IV iron preparation I get once or twice a year. They instead want me to go incenter 4-6 times a month for Venice, another IV iron because Fresenius now owns Venofer. That would expose me to higher risk of infection and other complications.

3) I found out today that the kidney I have been using is not being manufactured any longer. It is a larger kidney. Fresenius is saying no one needs the larger kidneys any longer.

All of these things are related only to making Fresenius make more money. Patient care will suffer.

The last few days seems like I am under a directed attack. I have done exceptionally well for nearly ten years as a home dialysis patient. Fresenius is starting to make this well tolerated therapy more of a burden so they Can make more money.

Not a good situation. I covet your prayers as always as I have seen the power of prayer in my life and that of my little girl by TFF prayer warriors. Thank you as always.

Broot, drymag, joe45c and 7 others like this.
  2. Firpo

Firpo Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Alaska,

Being a believer I know you'll take this in the way in which it is intended. You must be doing something right sir or you wouldn't have the Devil's undivided attention. My goodness your going through a stormy patch. I will pray for you this evening and ask that the Lord lifts your spirits as He did Paul and Silas when imprissoned.

May God Bless You

jim brady, Broot, drymag and 10 others like this.

3. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Prayers sent from Illinois.

drymag, joe45c, m77user and 3 others like this.
  4. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Prayers will be ongoing for you and for your grand daughter.

drymag, joe45c, m77user and 4 others like this.
  5. carver

carver Moderator Supporting Member

Prayers sent. May God bless you greatly!

6. crystalphoto

crystalphoto Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Continued prayers from here, AK.

7. tcox4freedom

tcox4freedom Well-Known Member

Thank you Father GOD for being our merciful and gracious creator. I give you all the praise and all the glory for the provision of healing you made available through the stripes suffered and the blood poured out of your SON. We ask you FATHER to lead our brother into the throne room of grace and show him how to receive the fullness of healing in the Name of JESUS.

We thank you for your healing and your breath of LIFE. We plead the healing blood of Jesus over this situation now. In Jesus Name. Amen

jim brady, Broot, drymag and 6 others like this.
  8. Alaska444

Thank all of you for your prayers. Last week during routine maintenance check,mthe tech red tagged our furnace. We went five days with our electric wall heater and one space heater up stairs. New furnace went in yesterday and is working well. Two days ago, I knocked the space heater over accidentally and wiped out all the electric power in the living room outlets. Thought it might be a GFI switch but couldn't find any culprit.

Our good friend and electrician, another Christian man, came over today and looked for about thirty minutes. He took one of the outlets apart, couldn't find anything g wrong and as soon as he put it back together, the power came back in for the entire circuit. He had no explanation for why it went out or why it went back on.

Strange series of events the last week or so.

God is good and I have seen the power of the TFF prayer warriors several times over already.

My little girl is doing well right now and is enjoying school again. She had the choice a couple weeks ago of staying home for her birthday, but she chose to go to school. My own hungry bone syndrome is slowly starting to turn the corner for the better with decreased Calcium supplement needed so far. There is light at the end of the tunnel, but these last few days have been a real strange set of adverse events clustered together.

Time is short for all of us. The signs and the seasons are upon us. All of us need to be looking up for our redemption draweth nigh.

drymag, woolleyworm, m77user and 5 others like this.
  9. jbmid1

jbmid1 Well-Known Member

Our God is able to deliver...

drymag, woolleyworm, m77user and 4 others like this.
  10. Firpo

Firpo Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Heck I've been holding Rapture practice for a month now. Even lost 10 pounds so I wouldn't be so hard to lift. :D

jim brady, Broot, drymag and 6 others like this.
  11. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Alaska, sorry to hear about these troubles. Sometimes all we can do is just keep putting one foot in front of the other.

Psalm 119:105 says Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path.

I figure that means that God shows us one step at a time, gives us enough light to take the next step, then the next...

What alternatives are there for your home dialysis unit?

Father in Heaven, I pray that you would keep Your hands around this man, protecting him, healing him, holding him up with the right hand of Your salvation.

I pray that You would help him find a solution to this home dialysis unit problem.

Thank you for how his grand daughter is doing and pray that she would continue to grow in confidence and happiness.
    In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Firpo, jim brady, Broot and 6 others like this.
  12. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

Amen and Amen!

drymag, woolleyworm, m77user and 3 others like this.
  13. Iron Eagle

Iron Eagle Well-Known Member

14. Alaska444

My iron infusion Was approved today. Hopefully next week sometime. BP Stable right now,

Thank you all for your prayers. It is truly appreciated. Hopefully once this Hungry Bone Syndrome resolves, I will regain some of my strength by God's grace.

A friend of mine is going shooting next week on Thanksgiving day. Sadly I will have to pass with everything going on. Maybe next year. Thankfully Hillary isn't looming over us to ateal'our guns. We have a small reprieve but who knows for how long.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
    Broot, drymag, m77user and 4 others like this.
  15. dbcooper

dbcooper Well-Known Member

God in Heaven, be with your child that is hurting
    It is our desire for his body to he healed and your will for his life
    May he receive a double measure of grace and peace
    In Christ name
    Amen

Broot, drymag, woolleyworm and 3 others like this.