In your opinion, what company makes the best custom 1911

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by hogger129, Sep 20, 2011.

1. c45man

c45man New Member

Best custom 1911? I don't know except to say that most of their owners will never shoot up to the potential of their 1911s.
  2. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

there are probably some here that can... as far as i'm concerned my springfield shoots much better than i do. then again, most of the people here have been shooting firearms their entire lives. i've only been in it for a few years now.
  3. ehparis

ehparis New Member

Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
  4. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

I would love to have one of the S&W E series 4 1/4" models or a CZ-USA Dan Wesson Valor would be my top pick.
  5. muddober

muddober Active Member

I have had the Les Baer Primer, a Wilson Super Grade, a STI Range Master double stack, a Wilson KZ45 and a couple of Kimbers. The Les Baer is a fine gun and shoots well. The Wilson Super Grade was least the accurate and at $4,000.00 was the most over priced gun I have ever owned. The STI was in 38 comp and was the most accurate auto I have ever owned. The Wilson KZ45 was the only 45 auto I didn't have to do anything too having a perfect 4 pound trigger right out of the box. It will feed anything including my reloads (which is saying something) and is plenty accurate for defense pistol. The Kimbers for the money are hard to beat and once I did a trigger job on a stainless I had it was the most accurate 1911 type auto I have ever owned. The STI was fitted with a dot electronic sight and I suspect the Kimber would have shot as well had it been fitted with the same sight.

From my experience the Wilson KZ45 with its semi double stack 10 shot magazine and its other custom features for the money is the best deal ever with Kimber coming in a close second. The Wilson KZ45 for those who don't know is a poly framed gun and has no removable grip. I bought the one I had for about $900.00 when they first came out about ten years ago.

Ron

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 15, 2011
  6. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

My S&W E series commander is a fine gun for only 1000.00. It shoots better than I ever will. I cant speak for those guns that cost much more than that.

Attached Files:

7. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Active Member

That thing better come with 10,000 rnds of 45ACP or I'm gonna call foul.:D
  8. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

I believe myself to be GREEN with envy....nice piece DD
  9. tnhawk

tnhawk New Member

My Wilson CQB has been an excellent pistol, but price weren't an object I'd want a supergrade from Wilson Combat.
  10. fordtrucksforever

fordtrucksforever New Member

Is this pistol construed as a possible contender for the thread? I have seen only one other for sale at a gun show over the last ten years.

[​IMG]
  11. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Active Member Supporting Member

I'll take my TRP anyday. I cant shoot anywhere near the potential of the gun but when I have a good day, I am spot on. If I spent more money on a custom, I wouldnt do a bit better.
  12. tattude

tattude New Member

This is not an easy question but after reading all the posts, I've noticed most people are naming semi custom 1911's, not fully custom. The pinnacle of custom 1911's is Infinity Firearms hands down! SVI makes the most incredible FULLY custom pistols on the planet! The only down side is the cost and so-so customer service. I haven't had issues at all with them but some people have. As for their guns, never had any issues, period! If you can't wait 9-12 months though, Fusion, Nighthawk, and STI all have amazing custom shops!
  13. tattude

tattude New Member

HELL YES, this is one of SVI's plan Jane models! Pretty bare bones but will out shoot 99% of the competition! Solid gun to say the least. There is a reason you don't see many, the owners rarely ever let them go!
  14. 1911junkee

1911junkee New Member

I still can't believe I bought this gun for $630-! This is the finest 1911 I have ever owned, and I have owned quite a few! Not a single problem since day one! Accurate, looks great, nice trigger, great piece! Right out of the box!

I added the Ruger black rubber grips, a Springfield Armory arched mainspring housing, and a Chip McCormick 8 round "Shooting Star" stainless steel magazine.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is all the 1911 I will ever need!
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
  15. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

Wilson Combat or Nighthawk custom...
  16. Country101

Country101 Active Member

Wilson Combat.

Nighthawk makes just as good a gun, I suppose(for obvious reasons), but along with the gun, I'll take the service that I knot they have from dealings they have had with my family.

Wouldnt mind a Les Baer. Always heard good things about them, but never held one. I'd take one as a backup though. :D
  17. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

18. Martimus

Martimus New Member

I'd happily settle for a STI... only question in my mind is which STI! :rolleyes:
  19. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  20. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

I've had them all and the most accurate and reliable custom 1911 I've owned is the Les Baer Premeir II.

Attached Files: