Incredibly fresh tomatoes in my salad. A diversion from UN sponsored bolshevism

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Remington597, Jul 13, 2004.

1. Remington597

Remington597 Former Guest

I got home from work late and am eating a wonderful garden/chef salad.
    I am in one of those moods that has nothing to do about UN global bolshevism, Kerry, FTAA, 2nd ammendment, Glocks vs. 1911's, .223rem vs. .308,
    .40SW vs. .45ACP, rimfire elitism, or Fallujah.
    So here I am eating a salad that consists of Romane Lettuce, black olives, hard boiled eggs, ham, cheese, croutons, sunflower seeds, and some nice ripe garden tomatoes. The tomatoes are especially fresh. I am thinking that with all of the time that I devote to working my a$$ off and staying grass roots active on all patriotic issues, that I can sit down and really enjoy some awesome garden fresh tomatoes that are to die for. I have no idea why I am doing this thread, other than the fact that I felt like sharing how good and juicy these tomatoes are. It may be that I am really hungry and am appreciating them more, but I don't think so, I think they are really good.
    Here is a sample. Very juicy and fresh. One of the Kel Tec p32's is in the background. I just finished loading the three for the night, got new hollowpoints to put in. Here is a tomato piece from the salad.
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2004
  2. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

...might try sprinkling a little Zan-X on that too.

LTS
  3. Hydra Shok

Hydra Shok Member

LOL

Glad to hear the Bolshevics didn't infest your salad.
  4. Remington597

What is Zan-X? I've never heard of it? Is it for salad?
  5. keppler

keppler New Member

Xanex...breakfast of champions :eek:

My wife traded a 5 gallon bucket of home grown "maters" to a pizza place here yesterday for some pizza. The gardens didn't do so well around here....all the rain and cooler weather I guess. The tomatoes just don't have the normal home grown taste.....bummer :(
  6. Remington597

I just looked it up on line and it says that its a drug used for treating panic attacks and anxiety dissorders. I don't take mind altering drugs. I prefer to stay focused and disciplined in God's word and not have my mind altered. Why would he insult me for no reason in such a way, out of the blue?
  7. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Too early in the season for the tomatos to be ripe here in Minn-eeee-sota, but I really look forward to when they are. Nuthin' like a BLT with fresh home-grown tomatos, fresh lettuce, and thick-sliced bacon on homemade bread!

The tomatos we get in grocery stores look great, but have no taste at all....obviously an insidious plot by the UN to poison us all.

Even when the tomatos are ripe here, I have to wear my tinfoil beanie when I go out to pick 'em because I can see that there's a black helicopter in the distance that has my tomato patch under surveillance.

Funny, when I take my Prozac, the helicopter goes away......but then, so does my tomato patch!
  8. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

ROTFLMAO! :D :D :D :D :D
  9. dcon12

dcon12 Active Member Supporting Member

Remy, I think sometimes the zest and power you have for your beliefs come across as paranoia. I don't think he was insulting you but rather trying to add levity to a situation. Just my opinion. Don
  10. IShootBack

IShootBack Well-Known Member

We have been eatin' from our garden for about a month now.

Cukes comming out ur ears.

Big Boys just coming in. Picked our first lope today...also ate our first lope today.

Roma and grape tomatos been comin' if for weeks. Already have two batches of sauce put away for a cold snowy day.

Zuc & summer squash have been picked for the last 4 weeks.

Peppers, sweet & hot are yum, yum when cooked with the squash.

Corn did not do well, neither did our radish, peas and carrotts.

Amasing what you can get from a pack of seeds.

ISB
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2004
  11. shooter4

shooter4 New Member

Musta been Joisey tomatoes. We got the best. Gonna miss em.
  12. mrs njretcop

mrs njretcop New Member

My plants are sprouting way up already. Last year they (two plants) were over 8 feet high!! :eek: Many, many tomatoes already, just need to wait for them to get larger and red. Nothing like Jersey tomatoes! :D :D
  13. Remington597

I never had such an appreciation for vegetables and fruits. As a child I hated them because I was forced to eat them. I love them now, since I can appreciate them from my own perspective. Its interesting how preferences change over time.
  14. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

Had a garden once.

DEA took it away. :eek: :D
  15. Woodman

Woodman New Member

The peaches are just about falling off the trees in these parts. Time for some fresh cobbler. :D

I like fresh tomatoes sliced thin, salt, pepper, oregano, basil, a little olive oil, a little mozzarella if I have it, or a little crumbled feta.

What do you do with three P32's? Have a shoot every morning with your coffee?