Indian Arms

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by armabill, Jun 19, 2011.

1. armabill

armabill Member

Does anyone know at what serial number that Indian Arms of Michigan starting putting red paint on their sights?

Also, what is the serial number of the first and the last ones that were made?

The lowest that I saw was 002321 and the highest was 005079.
    Only about 1000 were made but the difference between the lowest and the highest serial number that I found shows otherwise.
  2. Jim K

Jim K New Member

FWIW, mine is 003704; no red paint on anything except the slide marking at the safety.

I a sure the 1000 number is wrong. My guess would be that they started numbers at 2000, but that is only a WAG. (It is fairly common for startup gun companies to begin numbering at a high number. It makes them look more successful and the early buyers don't feel they are getting something that might still have "bugs" in it.)

Jim
  3. armabill

armabill Member

Mine is 005079 with the red painted sights.

I saw another one with red painted sights, 005070. So I know that it's factory done. The color on both the sights and the safety dot match.

The latest that I saw without the red paint was 004648.

Yeah, I didn't think about the serial numbers starting at 2000. Of course I only see what people post either in the for sale and show and tell posts.

Maybe some will see this post and give me some of there info. I'm just curious about how many were made with or without the red painted sights.
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2011