inexpensive ice coffee

Discussion in 'Ruffit's Domestic & Wild Game Cooking/ Recipe Foru' started by skullfr, Aug 5, 2012.

1. skullfr

skullfr New Member

I hate starbucks but like ice coffee in the heat.My sister found an inexpensive way to make it and it makes a gal and will keep for a month.
    Take 1/2 pound coffee and add to 1 gal water and stir.Let sit for minimum of 8 hrs or more.Take a flour sack cloth(wally world) and line colander ,then pour through to filter out grounds.Then use 1/3 coffee,1/3 cream and 1/3 milk and sweeten to taste.Another tip:take leftover coffee in morning pot and pour into ice trays and freeze.Use these for ice coffee and when they melt it doesnt water the drink down.
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

any left over coffee here get's a shot of poi teen tossed into it before bed ;)

poiteen is irish moonshine
  3. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

I'm a big fan of 'Irish' coffee myself, haha!

"It's not my fault that the Irish put alcohol in their creamer." is my standard response when someone realizes I smell like booze at 9am...
  4. Country101

Country101 Active Member

LOL

All I do to my iced coffee is boil a strong pot and put it in the fridge. Once it cools, I will add some caramel ice cream topping or whatever I have handy that is flavored and sweet add just a bit of milk(about a cup or so) til it colors right and about 1/2 cup of sugar or however much it takes to tasted good. Pour that over ice and you are good to go. I may have to freeze some coffee. That would make it even better.
  5. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

i also like to use boiled water on the coffee.. even if icing it later. there are some oils that you will simply not leach out as well soaking the grounds as you do steaming or running boiling water over them.

still.. all depends on personal taste... I imaging a cold brew coffee is a lighter flavor and less bitter.. etc..
  6. Country101

Country101 Active Member

Yeah, I make my coffee in a Bunn. I'm not going through the trouble of using a press, but Bunn's are awesome.
  7. ozo

ozo Well-Known Member

Doesn't the bun get soggy fast?
    Do you use the cinnamon ones? :rolleyes:
  8. Country101

Country101 Active Member

It gives it a good flavor and then you have a snack for later....... :rolleyes:
  9. skullfr

skullfr New Member

using hot water works well too I did it both ways.