Infamous online gun dealer closes shop

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by raven818, Jun 21, 2012.

1. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Published: June 21, 2012 at 10:14 AM

GREEN BAY, Wis., June 21 (UPI) -- The Wisconsin gun dealer who sold a handgun used in the 2007 Virginia Tech massacre has closed up shop, the Wisconsin Better Business Bureau said.

The bureau told WSAU News/Talk in Wausau, Wis., it has received more than 200 complaints from customers who placed orders that were never filled with on-line seller TGSCOM Inc.

The Green Bay Police Department said it is working with more than 30 customers on potential felony charges of theft by fraud against the firm.

TGSCOM owner Eric Thompson told the Green Bay Press-Gazette that he is working to "rectify" problems and to find investors that can help him reopen his financially troubled dealership.

Over the years TGSCOM has sold guns and other merchandise to customers later involved in mass shootings.

A handgun purchased from his business was used in the 2007 massacre at Virginia Tech.

Thompson has emphasized all his gun sales were legal and he did the required background checks before making the sales.

Federal regulators have found TGSCOM in violation of firearms merchandising rules, including selling products improperly to underage customers.

http://tinyurl.com/7r6j9qx
  2. mogunner

mogunner Well-Known Member

I ordered two HP22a magazines from him earlier this year, no indication that they didn't have them in stock. I waited...waited...waited some more. Emailed them and nicely asked where the heck were my mags, they emailed me back that the factory was running into production problems. I went to the Phoenix Arms site, ordered a magazine and three days later it was delivered. I emailed TGSCOM again, they told me that they couldn't give me a date when the mags would be available from the manufacturer...I replied that after our last email, I had gone to the manufacturer and ordered a magazine and had received it, and I wanted a refund back to my account by the close of business next day or I would be calling the DA in their vicinity and filing fraud charges against their company. I had the refund next morning. They were obviously one of those company's with no stock on hand and just placed an order with your money to the manufacturer and had it shipped to you, keeping the difference. Glad to see it caught up to him, but he'll probably just use another company name and do it again unless they actually charge him and toss him in prison.
  3. clamman

clamman Member

BAD gun guy, NO cheese!!!
  4. Blackshirts

Blackshirts Active Member

So 1 incident means "over the years.. mass shootingS"?
  5. mogunner

Also the 2008 shooting at Northern Illinois University and the 2009 shooting at a health club in Pittsburgh.

The BB has received complaints from customers in 43 states...
  6. Blackshirts

Blackshirts Active Member

Ahh, mentioned VT twice and nothing else. Pretty crappy coincidence for a business.
  7. mogunner

I think that was just thrown in there as an addition to the multiple screwings of customers using multiple businesses. I bet he IS looking for a new source of funds, you can't mess people over in the firearms business too many times before word of mouth across all these forums will bite you in the backside.
  8. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

Is phoenix arms a good company Mogunner?Read my thread I just posted and tell me what you think.Please:)