Info/advice on .257 weatherby mag

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by warpig, Feb 24, 2003.

1. warpig

warpig Guest

King Ducati
    (8/11/01 1:39:39 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Info/advice on .257 weatherby mag
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have been studying my reloading books and like the characteristics of the caliber. I have a few questions - 1)what is the recoil like in comparison to a .30-06, 2)where do you get brass to load - not seen in midway, sinclair and other catalogs, 3) what things or problems should I be concerned with, 4) comments in general. Thanks for any replies.

LIKTOSHOOT
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (8/11/01 2:32:00 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Info/advice on .257 weatherby mag
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Can`t respond to all your questions, but having shot both, the .257mag will rock your world compared to the .06.

Welcome to the site......WELCOME! LTS
    "am not" R2

kdubaz
    (8/11/01 2:56:26 pm)
    Howdy, King Ducati -

Enjoy the board and please join us in the other discussions.

Cointoss2 is our local expert on the .257 Weatherby - unless tied up on the fishing boat, or out in the logging woods, he should be along to answer all your questions.
    Keep below the ridgeline!

Tac401
    Administrator
    (8/11/01 8:26:34 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Info/advice on .257 weatherby mag
    Welcome Aboard King Ducati!
    The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

WyomingSwede
    (8/12/01 8:42:36 am)
    Welcome aboard also...sir. You can call Midway direct on their 800 # and they can special order that brass for you, also Old Western Scrounger can probably get it also.
    Hope to hear what your experiences with the .257 weatherby are....that cartridge has always held a certain fascination for me too. regards swede
    Wyoming Swede