Info and Est. of Value of Colt New service 38 Special

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by billisnow, Dec 4, 2008.

1. billisnow

billisnow New Member

I have a colt revolver that was my dad's sitting up in a closet. I don't really intend to sell it, but I am compiling a list of personal items with pictures and their values if I can, to keep for insurance purposes.

I will try to post a couple of pictures of it also. It has "new service 38 special" on the barrel. There are colt medalions on each side of the grip. on the top it says "COLTS PT FAMFG CO HARTFORD CT USA PAT'D AUG 5, 1884 JULY 4, 1905 OCT 5, 1926". The serial number starts 337xxx and above the grip there is an etched signature that looks like "Morris" for the first name I can't really make out the surname, and under that L.A.P.D is scrolling cursive writing also. There was also a Mepshon Co. Inc. of Glendale Ca. "Sure Grip Adapter" attached to it. I removed that before the picture so it would distort the view of the grip.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 4, 2008
  2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

It was made in 1933.