Info Needed

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by 4th Generation, Sep 26, 2009.

1. 4th Generation

4th Generation New Member

I've been reloading .38's and .45's with the equipment that my father, grandfather, and great grandfather all used. The markings on the press are "Pacific" and "Patent 1933940". Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm using a single stage press made in the mid 1900's? I've got a slew of dies and a few seaters (correct me again here, the seater is the long metal piece that holds the shell and attaches to the lever side of the press?). I'd like to know if there's somewhere to get parts for this press. Thanks for your help. Here's a few pictures of the press. Sorry, forgot to rotate the pictures.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 26, 2009
  2. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Got a couple of fine stout presses there. The ram and shell holder are the "seater" that you're describing. The "seater" is at the top and seats the bullet into the case, more commonly called a seating die nowadays. Here's a link, with a patent number, you can look up the official info on it.

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/1933940.pdf

For parts you will probably have to find them used, possibly online or try some estate sales.

Welcome to TFF and hope this leads you to some answers.

Woolley
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2009
  3. Freebore

Freebore New Member

You might want to look at the Pacific site below, they provide a lot of info on the now obsolete Pacific presses. I believe you will have a difficult time locating Pacific parts.

The presses pictured are much older versions of Pacific's before they were bought out by Hornady. Hornady still has some parts for Pacific tools, but mostly only shotshell loaders

In order to change calibers on these models, you have to replace the rams, some times they do show up on Ebay.

Good luck

http://pacificreloaders.awardspace.com/Reloaders.htm