Info on 2 guns

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by William A. Mayfield, Jul 2, 2011.

1. William A. Mayfield

William A. Mayfield New Member

Have a Savage 22 Model 63K Serial #P205212.....need age and approximate worth.

Have a Baikal 410 Shotgun, and as far as I can tell the serial #: KBI.ING HBC BA
    I would be interested to know the age of this gun and worth .
  2. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

I believe the 63K replace the Model 35 in the 1980s, Bolt action, from your description of condition, 100 dollars in excellent condition down to 25 in poor. As Far as your Russian shotgun, sorry don't have the foggiest, is it a single barrel, pump, auto. O/U, double? Is it like new or best description is to use as a tomato stake? Pictures and more information is needed:)
  3. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member

Welcome to TFF William!! Your 63k was made between 1970-1972.At 100%it is worth $80 down to 60%-$30. these are good shooters. as for your shotgun we need more info is it a single shot? They did not make alot of guns(import) so it will not be hard to give you info with more info.....GOOFY:)
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2011
  4. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

William,
    Re: the Baikal, "KBI.INC HBG PA" is the actual stamp on your gun and it stands for "KRASSNER BROTHERS, INC. HARRISBURG PA." It was imported at least 8 years ago or so and should have a serial number on it, someplace. S/N though is irrelevant - need to know what type of shotgun it is, e.g. single barrel, SxS, O/U, pump? Baikal shotguns (Russian made at Izmash) are strongly built, heavy contruction, fair to good fit and finish and sold at the lower (utility grade) price points. Remington more recently was importing "Baikal" long guns of sporting types as their "SPARTAN" line. They discontinued that relationship a couple years ago and I believe that E(uropean) A(merican) A(rmory) in Hialeah FL is now importing that line. Again, need type of action and a rough estimate of condition. I've handled as well as sold a fair number of these (especially the Remington line) over the years - my favorite was a SxS rifle in .30-06 which sold NIB for just north of $800.