Info on Permit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MiamiVice, Sep 26, 2012.

1. MiamiVice

MiamiVice New Member

Hey guys,
    My first time posting here. I am a collector of items related to TV cop shows and have for many years been saving my pennies and dimes to finally purchase a "Bren Ten" that I have wanted since the series Miami Vice came out. If I do purchase that handgun, I will probably never put a single round through it, although I will have to see. My question is, in the state of NJ the handgun permit requires a reason for the purchase. Should I put down "collector" or another reason, since my gut feeling is they might frown on gun collectors. I am on record for buying handguns in the past, one in 2000 and one in 1992 (both I listed as being used for target competition, which at that time I was involved in). Thanks for any info you can provide.
  2. pdg929

pdg929 New Member

hello fellow jersian lol im going thru that now you dont need a reason to purchase a hand gun you need a reason to carry one. just go to your local pd get the paper work you need and get your finger prints taken and wait till your application is accepted
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  3. MiamiVice

MiamiVice New Member

Thanks, PDG, I don't have the papers yet, I guess they must have changed them since when I look at copies I made of my purchase in 1992 I see that there was a reason required.
  4. pdg929

pdg929 New Member

np im fillin out the paper work now and its just a pain here in jersey to buy anything ive even been asked to show my fid card to buy ammo
  5. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

So, help me understand..you are buying a gun that you will never shoot? Are you able to protect yourself? Do you have any guns you can shoot? Just curious...I shoot every gun I own...
  6. Curtis R

Curtis R New Member

some people like to collect for one reason or the other...like people who collect cars or blades.
  7. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

or barbies! :p;):D
  8. jjmitchell60

jjmitchell60 Active Member

Raised in Buzzard Roost near Frog Town in hillls o
    Not saying anything as to what people collect BUT I shoot a LOT of 10mm and IMHO IF I was to buy a Bren Ten I would NOT shoot it much if at all. Hard to replace parts and they were not the most reliable 10mm as working all the time. They needed a LOT of TLC!!!
    Wuth that said they were, along with teh movie, a good thing for the 10mm round. IMHO we would not have as many 10mm modles today if not for the Bren Ten and Miami Vice.
  9. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

Hell Dan, they're restricted on what type ammo they can shoot.
  10. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Whatever....
  11. howlnmad

Are we talking about 76 Highboy? :p
  12. howlnmad

I'm with you on this Dan. No safe queens in my house either.
  13. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Some people buy guns as an investment. I can understand that. I for one do not and shoot any guns I own.
  14. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Well-Known Member

How's this reason for carrying one, The Bill of Rights! Paperwork from your local PD? Fingerprints? WTF, Gtf out of Jersey and be a free person.

Sorry, had to say it, it was bugging me. ;)
  15. pdg929

pdg929 New Member

no problem firefighter in jersey only cops and criminals can carry law abiding citizens dont have any rights even though we have a camden, paterson, jersey city and newark some of the top crime areas in the us....its rediclous what we have to go thru...2 dollars per permit 5 dollars for a fid card like 15 for a back round check and 60 for fingerprinting