1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

info on Savage model 340 and spanish double barrell shotgun please?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by gohokies82, Jan 11, 2007.

1. gohokies82

gohokies82 New Member

I would like some information on a couple of different guns please. They are family firearms one is rather old and the other is a quirous question. First off there is an old american rifle of course. How old i'm not sure and that's something i would like help on please. It's a Savage 30-30 that belonged to my great great uncle. Doing research on Savage arms i learned they started using the Indian logo circa 1919. This gun has no Indian logo anywhere. all the barrell says is :

Savage Arms Corporation
    Chicopee Falls, Mass., USA Model 340
    Proof Tested Cal. 30-30

and that's all i can find about the Savage. It has the usual wear for a farm family gun..it was hunted with and such so the condition is country worn by my standards lol.

The other is my fathers. It's a double barrell 12 ga. shotgun, made in Spain. Sold by Sears Roebuck and Co. Chicago, Ill. Mod. 153 512350 12ga. 2 3/4" and it's been hunted with as well. Thanks for any help.
  2. ibtrukn

ibtrukn New Member

Sears Mod 153 =Laurona (Spain)stopped sxs production 1978------------11 different boxlock models &9 different sidelocks. Pricesd rangefrom $150--$5000. dependending on model &condition. best I can do------------

Savage 340---mfg 1950-1985 depending which model.
    $125--$250 Blue Book values ---just a guide. They were good old hunters, have gunsmith chekheadspace etc B4 using if has been laid up a long time\\

sheesh I gotta GITTa dayjob:cool: