INFO ON WEAPONS

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by nopain, Apr 14, 2011.

1. nopain

nopain New Member

Hi,
    can anyone tell me about weapons that were made and patented by the federal labratories in pitt pa...thank you
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
  2. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Off hand, I don't know of many "weapons" patented by them except their tear gas "pen guns" and a tear gas grenade launcher made for police. AFAIK, they didn't make any conventional firearms.

Jim
  3. nopain

nopain New Member

thanks Jim,
    i have seached online, im thinking this is some type of zip gun?

Attached Files:

4. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

THESE ARE VERY RARE - WWII - Military MP Tear Gas Baton. Marked "Federal Laboratories Inc. Pittsburg, PA U.S.A." Totally legal and all original. No Serial Number. Approx 9-1/2" long and weighs approx 2 pounds. Screws apart for loading. Armed by pulling cocking button at the back. Fired by pushing protected trigger button on the side. (protection cover slides forward to expose trigger button to fire, slides back to cover it) These were used during WWII by MP's and in Military prisons, and in prisoner of War camps here in the U.S. After WWII they were used by major prisons like Attica, Levenworth, Sing-Sing, Folsom, and the like. Still in use today in some small town jails.
    Value would be between $600 - $700 to the right collector.
  5. nopain

nopain New Member

Thanks Shooter45, it was giving to me as a birthday present a few years back...this one shows a patten dated sep 15,1925, also has a serial#...
  6. nopain

nopain New Member

saw the one on GunsAmerica, this one has no rust and what i see is this ones serial# is in the low 2000s compared to the one on GA which was in the 6000s..
    thanks again..