Info request

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by smithshooter, Oct 16, 2012.

1. smithshooter

smithshooter New Member

Of the firearms I inherited from my deceased father, there's one I'm not entirely familiar with and would appreciate any insight this forum might provide. While I'm not necessarily looking to sell it, I'd like to know if I can find an approximate age and value. It's a Marlin 12ga pump action w/exposed hammer; serial number is 45517. Besides being well used & worn, it's sat for as long as I can remember untouched in the gun cabinet. Sorry for the quality of the photos. Thanks in advance for any information you might have.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  2. HossFly

HossFly New Member

1898 Marlin - AKA Widowmaker
    No real collector value but a neat old shotgun :)
    I've had a couple but never shot one- I advise against it but theys some bad azzs of course that will say "aww, go on & shoot it!" It didn't get its nickname for no reason-
    Forgot value--mabe $300
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  3. Big Shrek

Big Shrek Active Member