INFORMATION-DIAMOND ARMS CO

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by glen smith, Nov 6, 2007.

1. glen smith

glen smith New Member

HELLO, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE. I HAVE A 12 GAUGE SHOOTGUN THAT HAS DIAMOND ARMS CO. ST LOUIS MO ON IT, I COULDN'T FIND ANY DATE ON IT. I WAS WANTING TO FIND OUT MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS GUN. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

GLEN SMITH
  2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi Glen.......welcome to TFF.

Possibly made by Crescent FA Co. of Norwich, CT.....largest maker of "Hardware Store Shotguns" from the 1890's to the 1930's.

"Diamond Arms Co. - (some models) made for Shapleigh Hdw. Co. of St. Louis, MO"

Check the watertable....if it has proofmarks (look for a Crown over an oval with ELG), that means it was made in Belgium.

If no proofs, most probably made by Crescent.
  3. williamd

williamd New Member

Google it and you'll get to WIKIanswers and a lot on Daimond Shotguns. Like ...

What is the value of a Diamond 12gauge shotgun?

First answer by All Hat No Horse. Last edit by All Hat No Horse. Contributor trust: 878 [recommend contributor]. Question popularity: 37 [recommend question]

Answer
    If you are asking about one of the Diamond series automatics or pumps imported from Turkey in the last 4 or 5 years, I can't help except to say they seem to be moderately priced in new condition. I will assume you are holding a Diamond Arms single or double barrel shotgun c. 1890-1914. These were made for Shapleigh Hardware Co of St Louis by various manufacturers in the US and Belgium. Some will be hammerless, some back-hammer boxlocks, and some open-hammer sidelocks. There will be damascus, twist, and fluid steel barrels. A newer gun with fluid barrel may still be useable, but most should be retired and are valued only as a mantle decoration. Double barrels usually trade for $150-$250 and single shots for $25-$100 depending on condition.