Information needed on Erma Werke Model .25 Pistol

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by flnavyvet, Sep 28, 2007.

1. flnavyvet

flnavyvet New Member

I recently acquired a small pistol from an estate sale. The pistol is a small 25 cal Erme Werke Model .25. I have been looking around online and have not been able to find this model anywhere. I see where Erma made a .22 and .32 but can not find any references to the .25. (I know Erme went bankrupt in 1997)

I am hoping to place a date on the gun and get a feel for the models history and number produced.

Thanks! Shawn
  2. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Erma Werke-- Dachau, Germany

you must have gotten ahold of one of thier kits or an experimental conversion of some sort, none of my manuals list it. all i have solid references to are the models EP, ET, and KGP-22, all luger lookalikes in .22 LR
  3. flnavyvet

flnavyvet New Member

Thanks for the reply. It does not appear to be a conversion. The overall length of the slide/barrel is 5 1/4 inches and is stamped:

ERMA-WERKE Mod. EP .25
    Kal 6.35/.25 11308
    Made in Germany

It has a small handle with wood sides. The magazine holds 7 rounds (25 cal centerfire). The gun is in a small black leather/cardboard case with red psuedo-velvet lining ERMA stamped in the cover in gold with a circle around it.

Thanks again, Shawn
  4. flnavyvet

flnavyvet New Member

Your reply mentioned the 'EP' model and I hadn't noticed before that it was part of the model on stamping. I searched for it and still haven't come up with a date or much info, but did a couple of pictures from an auction on another site. This is what the gun looks like (although the one I have is much better condition):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any info would be helpful, as well as what it might be worth. Thanks.
  5. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

Your pistol is listed in many references. The Standard Catalog of Firearms lists some information about it. It is German made prior to WWII, and most were exported outside of Germany. The confusion about calibers is because After the war Erma made a .22 and a .32 which resembles the Luger and they are completely different from this prewar pocket pistol. Book value is as follows:
    Excellent $200
    Very Good $175
    Good $150
    Fair $100
    Poor $75
  6. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs Well-Known Member

The pictured gun was made closer to 1968. These were die cast zinc guns, and not very well made.
  7. vic

vic New Member

to flnavyvet,hey i have the same model ep.25,mine is in great shape but does not eject verywell.witch explanes why,has anyone had this problem and if so wkat was the fix
  8. steveb02

steveb02 New Member

I have one of these pistols also that I have recently acquired. Can someone tell me how to disassemble it?

Thanks!
  9. keven

keven New Member

i also have this ERMA-WERKE EP .25 it was my grandfathers and it is in good condition with the orignal black leather case the only problem was that the fireing pin is bent and i could never find a new or used one to replace it. i gave my guns to my uncle for safe keeping and when he moved he gave them to my father to hold for me now neather one can find it ive been tring to find a photo of the leather case to show them what it looks like if anyone can provide me with a photo of the orignal black leather case with gold markings i would appreciate it very much thanks kpauselius@yahoo.com
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  10. Tnewt

Tnewt New Member

For parts I would check with NUMRICH Gun Parts. They carry hard too find odd ball parts .
  11. Tnewt

Tnewt New Member

It is fairly easy to disassemble. Within the trigger guard center top; you have too pull or pry this plug down to disassemble. I used a non marring screwdriver.
  12. Tnewt

Tnewt New Member

If you need a picture of the case still I can send you one. I have the gun and the original case. It is black leather and has Gold lettering.
  13. dogngun

dogngun New Member

I had one several years ago. It was made of an alloy, had about a 3" barrel and was a very good shooter, even accurate. Mine had a small military emblem of some sort - I have read they were used by some branch of the East German government, but I have no idea if this is true or what type service it was used by.

It was a very reliable and accurate pistol, but it was a bit too large for what I wanted and I traded it on something else.

mark
  14. hughesprecision

hughesprecision New Member

I have the Erma Model EP 25. I too have not been able to find too much information. I have figured out how to disassemble it right down to taking off the wood grips and gave it a much needed cleaning in my ultra sonic tank. It fires quite well and accurate enough for my needs. I too have the case it came in. My question is not so much for parts but who out there would have magazines for it? Also, if anyone has info for dating it the serial number is 106XX. Thanks in advance.