information needed

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by tstewart1956, Oct 3, 2006.

1. tstewart1956

tstewart1956 New Member

Folks,
    I'm new at this so be patient, please.
    I bought a percussion Black Powder rifle a few years back second hand and can't find any information on this item, so I'm asking for help.
    the modle is a KASSNAR / BLACK POWDER ONLY / CAL.45 / MADE IN SPAIN
    46911 STAMPED ON THE BARREL / ALSO HAS A CIRCLE WITH THE LETTER
    (M) IN THE MIDDLE THE CENTER OF THE (M) LOOKS LIKE A RIFLE.
    HAS A HINGED COMPARTMENT IN THE STOCK TO HOLD CAPS, WITH BRASS BUTT PLATE. LOVE THIS GUN, FOR A BLACK POWDER THIS THING IS ACCURATE AS ANYTHING WITH OPEN SIGHTS AND CAREFUL AIM i CAN HIT A
    6" TARGET AT 100 TO 150 YARDS CENTERED WITH NO PROBLEM, 3 OUT OF FIVE TIMES. CAN ANYONE SHED SOME LITE ON THIS PIECE. TSTEWART1956
  2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi tstewart.....welcome to TFF. :)

Kassnar was an importer and distributor located in Harrisburg, PA. They went out of business in 1989.

Sorry, but I can't tell you anything about your rifle, except what's already obvious.....it's a black powder reproduction, made in Spain and imported by Kassnar.
  3. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

At almost every gun show I attend there are loads of these black powder imports at give away prices, maybe 40 or 50 bucks or so. I bought one to fool around with for $25, and that included a bunch of powder and ball.