1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Information?

Discussion in 'VMBB Find Your Nam Friends' started by xXDouglasXx, Oct 3, 2010.

1. xXDouglasXx

xXDouglasXx New Member

My grandfather was in Vietnam, but, it haunts him like many to tell about it. I don't know much about his tour. All i know is he was a Marine and that he had an M16 and a .45. Idk companies, battalions, etc... But, if anyone knows a Private Joseph Snyder of Pennsylvania, plz share some info.
    That would be very VERY helpful... :) thnx.
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2010
  2. rooter

rooter *VMBB Senior Chief Of Staff*

Marty Robbins old hometown, Glendale Arizona--a su
    It's admirable that you are questing for information about your grandfather..BTW, welcome on board...Both times I was in Vietnam our Navy Seabee Battalions were attached to the Marine Divisions....1st and 3rd. The Navy Seabees are the Construction Battalions (CB) tasked to build barracks, bunkers, mess halls, air fields....Is DOUGLAS your name or some identifying handle...the reason I ask I have 2 grandsons whose last name is Douglas...? I found it easier to write about my adventures in country and then allowing those interested to read and question me about what I had experienced...Good luck in your quest about your Grand father...Chief
  3. xXDouglasXx

xXDouglasXx New Member

my first name is. But, my Great grandfather was a flagsman in the pacific during WWII and Korea, and my grandfather on the other side of my family was in Vietnam.