inheireted walther PP

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by racer14racer, Dec 29, 2009.

1. racer14racer

racer14racer New Member

Hi guys this is my first post. I inheireted a walther PP. Something seems wierd about this gun. There is no marking on the right side of the slide at all. and no where on the gun does it say made in germany. But on the side down the grip someone has scribed "made in germany, intl arms co. Tucson Az." I have no idea what this means. There are some symbols on this gun that I cant really make out. One is by the trigger on the left side of the body, near the trigger. It is a U with stuff inside of it. Cant make it out. There is also a KS stampted on the left side of the body next to the trigger. On the right side of the slide it reads " walther" logo... "Carl Walther Waffenfobrik Ulm/Do" and some symbol I cant make out. underneath that it says "moddel PP Cal. 7.65. I have a box and a manual in german . My uncle said this gun was a german police gun, but I do not know. The serial number wich was by the trigger and handle is 88347.

Thanks
  2. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

Yes, you have a surplus police pistol made after WWII and imported into the country by the International Arms Co. of Tucson, Arizona. A few years ago large quantities of these pistols were brought into the US and sold for $250 or so. The value these days is closer to $400.