Inherited guns

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Sterdest, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Sterdest

Sterdest New Member

I just inherited two weapons and I'm not sure about them. The first is a springfield model: 1911-A1 it has a stamp on it that says 1974 and the serial number is in the lower 300,000. There was also a paper with it saying it had a new trigger job done to it. The second, most important to me, is an eagle arms ea-15. It has a ridiculously massive barrel on it and a serial number of 192xx. Can anyone identify this barrel and give me some idea of quality of these weapons? Thanks.
  2. Sterdest

Sterdest New Member

I tried to post a picture but I don't think it worked.
  3. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

correct , no pic ..

ok go EDIT ( blue button lower right of your first post )

go advanced

manage attachments , and go from there

good luck

if i remember right eagle had two heavy barrel options for the 5.56 mm a 9-1 twist and a 7-1
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2011
  4. Sterdest

Sterdest New Member

Ok here is the ea-15. It's a far away picture but that's because the barrel is at least six inches longer than the m16 I carried in the marines.

Attached Files:

5. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

That's an 'H-bar'. Stainless steel, very heavy profile for heat dissipation and lessened barrel whip, mainly for bench rest shooting or long range "varminting". No iron sights means it was equipped, at one time, with an "optical" sighting system, probably a high power variable scope. Limited appeal - but usually very accurate - not "tacticool".
    How about a pic of the 1911-A1, sounds like a 'modern' Springfield Armory, Inc. made piece?
  6. Sterdest

Sterdest New Member

Both sides of it and the paper that talks about the trigger job.

Attached Files: