1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Inplano?

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Txquadhunter, Feb 19, 2004.

1. Txquadhunter

Txquadhunter Member

how much/LB of wheel weights do ya usually use and when do you normally start casting?
  2. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Hi TQH!
    I usually cast during the winter and spring months. I will generally do between 50 and 100lbs of wheel weights when I do it. It is usually done over several weekends, then the lube sizing phase starts after that. I have not done any this year yet as last year I really laid in a bunch of bullets and the stock is still there!
  3. Txquadhunter

Txquadhunter Member

Reason why i was asking is because i'm in good with quite a few wrecking yards around here from hunting up busted axles and such on my 4x4 mud trucks. Since i don't buy hard parts like that new for $200 to turn around and bust on my first offroad trip out where i can get multiables cheaper. I'm allowed to drive off into the yards. little things like wheel wieghts won't cost me nothing but the few secounds to yank em off. if you like i can start yanking them when i go and give em to ya if ya could use em. not sure how many pounds i can gather, but easily seen on my next trip which should be soon since the weather is getting decent.
  4. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

TQH, many thanks my friend. However, it would take a lot of yanking to get the amount up high enough. I deal with several tire dealers around the Plano and Carrollton area where I buy them by the 5 gallon bucket full. Give ma a call over the weekend and lets see what happens!

Thanks
  5. Txquadhunter

Txquadhunter Member

Alright will give ya a call over the weekend.. I'll keep my eye out in the yards no telling what'll pop up in lead form.