Input on the PT-145

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Pistolenschutze, Dec 12, 2005.

1. I went down to the local gun store this morning to look at a shotgun the owner had ordered up for me, and wouldn't you know it, I got sidetracked looking at his pistols and revolvers as well. There's a funny thing about me and gun stores, it's much like putting the proverbial rabbit in charge of the carrot farm. Anyone out there have the same problem? My wife says it's a genetic defect. :D Anyway . . .

In the display case the owner has a NIB Taurus Millinnium Pro PT-145 that quite frankly, I fell in love with at first glance. The pistol fits my hand like it was made for it due to the slim butt and 6 round mag. At 3.27 inches on the barrel, and slender thickness, it would be an easily concealable carry piece. I have a G30 that I like quite a lot, mostly because of the caliber, but I seldom carry it simply because of its weight and bulk, and because the grips are uncomfortably thick for my hands. Before I seriously consider buying it though, I would very much like some input on the piece from those of you who may have had experience with it. The owner claims it's a very reliable weapon and shoots even tighter groups than the Glocks. That may well be hokum, of course, but what has been your collective experience?

Thanks for the input, guys and gals. It is much appreciated.
  2. jeep45238

jeep45238 New Member

That's the Millenium Pro PT145 Compact. You may want to check out a standard 10+1 PT145 as well. It's actually a hair shorter verticly, 1/10th of an inch wider, and 1/18th of an inch shorter in length, and carries the same design. How the COmpact is the compact, I'm still trying to figure out, because it carries 4 less rounds and is dimensionally slightly larger.

i shoot my PT140 Pro (same thing, but a .40 cal) almost every weekend (I suck with pistols and I desperately need to get better....can't do that without shooting), and I have a freind with one who after shooting her gun is what actually convinced me to get mine. And then after reading a few reviews over it, and just seeing how easy it is to strip, another freind of mine got it in .45.

My gun in the hands of somebody more capable than me at the range is very damned accurate. I got it for an eventual CCW and a range toy, and the fella that bought the PT145 bought it for CCW and then went out and got his the next day.

It's a fun little accurate gun that isn't too bad on the wallet, and honestly....the warranty is schaweeet.
  3. senior

senior New Member

I also bought a pt145, leary at first due to its size but after shooting, realized it doesn't kick, it "pushes" into ur hand, a little heavy some say for cc but with the proper pocket holster or owb holster fits nicely, and as was stated, the cost really makes u think about it as they can be had for under $300.00 and have found mine to be completely reliable, reaquire the target quickly and if u dont put the bg down with 10+1, then u better have wings on those feet
  4. rangerruck

rangerruck New Member

i have not shot one, but if i remember right, this gun was gun of the year two or three years ago by a couple of different organizations. supposedly has an excellent "feel" to the grips. Cant be too shabby to win that award!
  5. tex45acp

tex45acp New Member

Pistolenschutze,
    Unless something has changed.....the 6+1 model you speak of is the PT-745 Millennium Pro and the 10+1 model the others spoke of is a PT-145 Millennium Pro. At least that is what my 10+1 Mellinneum Pro has on the slide. I would love to get my hands on a PT-745 to see if there is any noticable difference in my large hands. I too love my PT-145 and have over 3000 rounds through it without even a hiccup.
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2006
  6. You are quite correct, Tex. The original post was a mistype on my part. :eek: The actual pistol I bought was the PT-745, not the PT-145. I purposely chose the -745 because my hands are rather small and the pistol fits me much better than the -145. So far, I really like the weapon. Since the pistols are virtually the same except for magazine capacity, I'm glad to know you have not had any problems with your -145. So far, my -745 has performed beautifully.
  7. wolfgang2000

wolfgang2000 New Member

Pistol, I'm suprise you haven't tried that single stack glock 45. :confused:
  8. I looked at the Glock 36, Wolf, but decided against it based mostly upon size and weight. I have a G30 and like it for some carry uses, but it is a bit on the large size. The 36 is dimensionally the same as the 30 except for the thinner pistol butt. The slinder butt helps, but the weapon is still pretty hefty for CCW under the clothes I must usually wear.
  9. wolfgang2000

wolfgang2000 New Member

There is nothing wrong with the Taurus. One of my step-sons has a Milennium in 40. It is a fine little gun.
  10. tex45acp

tex45acp New Member

pistol,

You are such a lucky man!!! The 745's are almost non existant in this area. I have been to many gun stores, gun shows and gun dealers and have yet to find one.

I carry a PT-145 daily and would love to do a side by side comparison of weight and shooting. If you get to do so, please let us know your feelings on the matter.

thanks in advance

Mike
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2006
  11. sarzak

sarzak New Member

i have a pt140. it has given me some jamming trouble. i really like the size and feel of it, so i will fiddle with it a little to see if it comes around. right now i wont use it as a carry gun