Intelligence Report: Could Sandy postpone Election Day?

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by gvw3, Oct 31, 2012.

1. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

October 30, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- As millions remain without power and transportation, the presidential may be the last thing on their minds. But what would happen if large sections of the East Coast can't vote next week? Could the election be rescheduled?

Could the election be postponed? Yes.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/iteam&id=8867310

Members of the forum have been saying for some time Obama may try to pull something like this. :eek:
  2. bamajoey

bamajoey Active Member

what would happen if large sections of the East Coast can't vote next week?

Really? There is a large section of our military that is not going to be able to vote, and the liberals don't seem to be worried about that. It is still a week until the election. Not being able to get to the polls is not a very good excuse.

If they had to go to the polls to get their welfare checks or food stamps, they would be standing line.

This is all about the liberal vote, they aren't concerned about anyone else.
  3. steve4102

steve4102 Former Guest

Getting to the polls is one thing. Having them open with electricity is something else.
  4. hstout1143

hstout1143 Well-Known Member

Only Congress can change the date and they aren't in session.
  5. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

The election is actually 51 separate elections. Each state has 34 days from the date of the election set by Congress to turn in the results and cast the ballots for the electors of the Electoral College. Now, a state 'could' conceivably postpone or extend voting for some reason, but they still would have to have their electoral college votes in on time. New York and New Jersey could perhaps postpone elections for a few days if they needed to. For New York though they could only do so for areas of New York City - not for the whole state because there would be no just cause to do so for the rest of the state. No other states have any reason to postpone any elections or any plans to do so. Reality - it isn't going to happen. Neither New York or New Jersey will vote Republican anyway. So, as long as they get a reasonable turnout they will call their states for the Dems.
  6. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

You know, I used to believe this until the illegal commie took over and started doing whatever he wanted whenever he wanted. I want to believe it would take congress to change this, I really do.
  7. RYANINMICHIGAN

RYANINMICHIGAN New Member

Maybe they will just try and skip it all together...
  8. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Something I've wondered that may sound far out to some of you, is if the powers behind the scenes that control everything, including HAARP, could have created Sandy to disrupt the election(s). Maybe I'm a little paranoid, but the things I've been learning lately about the world and our government are astounding.
  9. 45silverback

45silverback New Member

If they could creat something like this there would be no real point in doing so......