Interchanging Mauser Bolts

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 24, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

cointoss 2
    (1/5/02 2:59:19 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Any Idea On the Difference Between Them?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Will a Turkish 38 Mauser Bolt work in a Vz 24 98 action? Just an idea for a little varmint gun.
    cointoss2

Bob In St Louis
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (1/5/02 4:49:43 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Any Idea On the Difference Between Them?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Czechs made a 98/22 for the Turks, and the bolts from these may interchange with the 02/38, 38, and 46 Turkish models. As to the VZ24 - I donno. I'll have to go play in the gunroom and get back to you later this evening.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

cointoss 2
    (1/5/02 5:21:43 pm)
    Thanks Bob I thought you might know.
    cointoss2

kdub01
    (1/5/02 5:29:03 pm)
    Tho't the Turk is a standard length Mauser action, while the Checz is a "moderate" length action.

cointoss 2
    (1/5/02 5:36:56 pm)
    Ben is as dumb as a stump; might be Kdub, all I can tell you is I have a vz 24 reciver and might try and use some bolts that are out of Turks that a fellow has on the net.
    cointoss2

Bob In St Louis
    (1/5/02 8:54:09 pm)
    OK - took a T-38 Turkish Mauser bolt, and compared it to my VZ24 - they look identical. I put the Turk bolt in the VZ24, and it works fine - tad bit less smooth than the VZ24 bolt, but with a little polishing, it would work just the same.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

cointoss 2
    (1/6/02 10:51:43 am)
    Thank you Bob! I thought it might work, I just did not have the Turk bolt around yet to try.
    cointoss2