Interested in getting a 1911

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by Finaddict, Apr 3, 2006.

1. 45Smashemflat

45Smashemflat Active Member

Tough to say as I have not first hand Wilson experience. Call me a fuddy-duddy, but I started shopping for what I considered a high end 1911 about 1-1.5 years ago. I had it narrowed down to Wilson, Les Baer, and Ed Brown. I shopped on line and put my hands on as many as I could at various dealers - note, not a lot to choose from here. I did mess with a Wilson CQB and a Les Baer TRS. Les Baer took a while, but did answer emails regarding various questions that I had. Wilson never answered back. I stumbled on Nighthawk at a dealer who also deals in Wilson. He suggested that I look into them. I looked at the web info and dropped them a line on a Saturday. I got an answer back on the same day - and the guy called me. (All requests for info included phone contact info.) We talked and discussed what I was looking for - note that No builder had exactly what I was looking for as a standard package. Craig at Nighthawk said he would build me whatever I was looking for. I continued to shop - got a price from Nighthawk and finally decided to purchase. They followed up with confirmation of the order and build reports and the gun was delivered within one week of the promise date. The gun has been through 500 rounds of break in ammo with one FTF due to a bad reload (short OAL). It has digested 300 additional rounds without a glitch.
  2. meandmy45s

meandmy45s New Member

Until you get through about 500 rounds you won't be able to tell what the firearm will do, especially the higher-end pistols, because they make them so tight. Sounds like a great pistol.