Interesting experience at the gun range. Also some suggestions regarding etiquette.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Remington597, Feb 28, 2004.

1. Remington597

Remington597 Former Guest

I just wanted to share a few things. I went to the Antelope Club Outdoor Range today in Pinellas Park Florida. It was an awesome experience. Its an outdoor membership and public range with multiple ranges from pistols to 100yd rifle, and everything in between, including Cowboy play and competitive marksmanship, to downright plinking just for the heck of it.
    I went with several buddies and had a blast. (PUN intended).:D , Besides the official rules that must be adhered to and enforced by the rangemasters, there are implied rules of etiquette that should be adhered to, and I was impressed with how nice the folks are. Here they are again.

1. If someone in the next slot compliments you on your weapon, offer them a try and let them squeeze off a few rounds. Thats common courtesy.

2. If someone in the next slot compliments you on your weapon, compliment them on theirs also. (Unless you are in the pistol range and they are shooting a Jennings., then keep your mouth shut, unless it blows up and offer them a Bandaid).:p

3. If someone asks you what you are shooting, don't just tell them "such and such", tell them a few things to supplement that as to why you like it and others you may have similar to it.

4. If someone asks you to watch their weapons if they need to go to the bathroom, do so. Security is implied and most ranges are safe, but don't leave a $500 weapon unattended, you never know , most folks are honest , but if you see someone who you know or a rangemaster, have them keep an eye on it.

5. Never say something deragotatory about some one elses weapon, even if they are shooting an equivalent of a cap gun. They may be new to the hobby, and we all started somewhere. Offer them pointers and be diplomatic, but constructive.

6. Bring Lubriderm. Lubriderm is a moisterizer that is available in any cosmetics or soap section of supermarkets and pharmacies. Here is Florida, it gets humid and compact areas with lots of firearms generate alot of heat. I like to moisterize my face to avoid blisters generated by heat, brass, and lead. Of course , those of you who are snipers , already know this. Moisterizer is only second to camouflage in hot climates.

7. If you are wondering why a Florida open door range is named Antelope, you are not alone. I have not seen any Antelope here in West Central Florida, but it looks and sounds cool, so hence the name. Thats good enough for me.;)

8. Have fun and stay safe.

9. Also, if you are using a silloheoutte of Bin Laden for target practice, remember its not the real thing, so don't cheer loudly, like some kid did today, unless you get him right in the center of the tourban.:cool: at 50 yards. LOL

God Bless America and keep our soldiers safe as they protect our freedoms, and remember that our recreational freedoms would not exist without their bravery.

I hope every terrorit gets their wish and meets allah. Sooner than later!!, and through a snipers scope or a Predator drone.

Brian
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2004
  2. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Brian, Great Post!...bee'n a florida native myself, I too have to wonder about the Antelope name...:rolleyes:

Yup! 'Cuz I've had one, and like it says in the rules...we all started somewhere, never forget that...;)

Can y'all guess which one it is...SG's got no shame!...;)

Attached Files:

3. Remington597

There it is in the southeast corner. Wow. Nice little arsenal.:eek: :D
  4. Hydra Shok

Hydra Shok Member

Hey Brian, My wife and I go see her sister in Orlando every so often, maybe next time I'll let you know in advance and I'll let you take me to this range of yours. Especially if they won't make fun of my shooting...... or my Firestorm :D .
  5. Remington597

I would be honored.