Interstate Carry ........

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by JohnHenry, Sep 3, 2011.

1. JohnHenry

JohnHenry Active Member

2. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Active Member

The only roadblock to passage of this Bill would be that it seems too logical.
  3. dons2346

dons2346 Active Member Supporting Member

Indeed. Common sense will not be tolerated.
  4. HunterAlpha1

HunterAlpha1 Former Guest

this would definitely come in handy. i just got back from Michigan. i left my gun unloaded in the glove compartment because i didn't want to go through the hassle of finding out which states i would or would not be legal in.

of course, if concealed carry were made illegal in Virginia as i've heard rumour they're trying to make it, i would still carry. in fact, i would carry even in the places i don't carry right now(schools, libraries, federal buildings, etc.), since i would be breaking the law anyway and i wouldn't want someone to notice me taking my gun off and putting it in the glove compartment before going inside, or putting it back on when i came out.

gun control's only intention is to criminalize otherwise law abiding citizens. it would be nice to exercise my fundamental rights everywhere, and this law would make it make it much easier to do so.
  5. JohnHenry

JohnHenry Active Member

H.A.1 .....
    You were in Michigan and I didn't get to take you to the local club for some paper shredding ?
  6. Neverhome

Neverhome Member

Food for thought. I just recently received an e mail from the Gun Owners of America group who is urging people to contact their legislatures to vote against the interstate carry law. They are concerned if it passes that it will make it easier for the federal government to start setting standards for obtaining a concealed weapons permit and then could make it almost impossible for any citizen to obtain one. There were also some other concerns that should be looked at. I confess it was late at night when I opened the e mail, and long past my bed time so I just briefly looked at it, but it may be worth going to their website to look at it in detail. Some of their points may have merit. I have long supported an interstate carry bill but am now holding off contacting my legislature members until I have looked at the arguments against it.

Neverhome
  7. Old Guy

Old Guy Member

While the premise of a national reciprocity law seems like a help but it will infringe on states rights and open the door to more Federal intrusion on us. Progressives on both sides of the isle have passed many a legislation in the past 100 years or so that sounded Ok but actually gave the feds more power. It is easy to see where that has gotten us. First step reciprocity. Next step registration.