Introducing a few to firearms... Pictures

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Crpdeth, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

I just wanted to share a few pictures of an outing we had a few weeks ago... Rett is the manager at the lounge where I shoot pool, we have become good friends in the last several months and decided to take a few new shooters out to his land to pop off a few rounds.

Here is Rett.

[​IMG]

And this is his son Alex, who has fired a .22 pistol before, but I think this was his first time with a rifle...

[​IMG]

These girls had never fired a gun before, but became addicted very quickly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is Pete, he is totally new to firearms as well, but is having a blast.

[​IMG]

Well...

We broke out my Ar, the .45, some of Retts pieces and were shooting one person at a time, but things got hot enough that five LEO vehicles pulled up at the front of the property and were on the loud speaker asking us to come to the entrance... LOL, they had their work cut out for them, they wouldn't come into the property of course and we had a hard time hearing them, much less figuring out that they were talking to us, but we finally figured it out and packed up... They soon realized that we were legit and all but one left, then he just ran all of our licenses and we went back to the BBQ.

It was a good time. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Haligan

Haligan Well-Known Member

You should've challenged the LEO's to a shooting match. NRA bullseye or something.
    I challenged a couple of the LEO's in my city to a match against the Firefighters. They chickened out though.

Can you imagine a bunch of cops being beaten by a bunch of firemen. He, he, he.
    We would've won too.
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  3. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

We have done that many times with paintball wars, they always say it is a learning experience. :D

Crpdeth
  4. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Looks excellent fun. Its always interesting to see new shooters with guns.

My nephew was visiting last Saturday and while I was filling the shooting bag he was asking if the bullets we real? I explained I would look pretty silly shouting bang bang on the range!
  5. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

That's a very responsible thing to do CRP. A coworker was going to buy his first pistol today, a Ruger SR9. A few of us have sparked interest in buying firearms and several coworkers have bought their first pieces. :D
  6. olmossbak

olmossbak New Member

Please pardon my ignorance but what sort of license do you need to shoot on your own, or rather your friends, property? I live in Tenn and own property in Va and neither of those require any sort of license for firearms in your home or on your property. Neither require hunting licenses for property owners and Va extends that to children and grandchildren.

Just courious.
  7. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Ah man, those are great!!!!

You know, you changed their lives forever don't you? GOOD JOB MAN!!!!!!!!
  8. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Thanks for all the responses. :)

None that I know of Bro... He just ran our drivers licenses to make sure no one had any outstanding warrants, etc.

Crpdeth
  9. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

A fireman on the firing line firing live rounds and a cop? Of course the fireman would have won the firing contest. :p :D

Pops
  10. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

I think it is funny when the LEO show up to private property. We have friend in southern Ga that invited us out to shoot on his land. The LEO's took it upon themselves to drive back where we were and got a less than cordial welcom from the property owner when he got there. I believe his reception would have been more cordial if he didn't have an attitude problem however. We all got put on the not so friendly list that day I believe.
  11. dge479

dge479 New Member

Great stuff, My range is having "youth/scout day in May. Its a good outreach
  12. Lotsdragon

Lotsdragon New Member

See this is what I dont understand, you werent breaking any laws, there was no reason to run any of you through their computers. WTH? When we allow these types to run our lives you are asking for trouble.
  13. flannelman

flannelman New Member

Rural Arkansas. But isn't all of Arkansas rural?
    I wanna go! I wanna go! I wanna go! Can I please go toooooooooo? Looks like ya'll had a good time. And BBQ too?!?!
  14. glocknut

glocknut New Member

I don't see where they have any business coming on private land to harrass y'all? Two things come to mind.... perhaps that particular area is not very pro gun AND there must have been a Butthead neighbor nearby that took offense to something that was non of his **** business....:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Sooo...I just thought i would clarify what was really going on in these pictures.... :rolleyes:

mike
    gn

Attached Files:

15. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Exactly right, Mike... The flip side of the coin is that the neighbor didn't know who was doing the blasting. If it HAD been trespassers (like they would really draw that much attention to themselves) Rett would want to know about it. Alternatively, if he just didn't like his neighbors popping off rounds, he now knows that there isn't a thing he can do about it. ;)

Crpdeth