Introducing, The PUG....

Discussion in 'NFA Firearms & Related Items' started by Cooper, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Cooper

Cooper New Member

I started with a junk upper, I believe it was a colt car15 that was cut down and then somebody pinned a cheap slip on flash hidder to the end, it wiggled and the fit was sloppy so.....why not.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

While were on all things mini....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

You may want to put a tape measure on that barrel.
  3. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

What you just did there may land you in the pokie unless you have a sbr tax stamp. Also I doubt it will fully cycle now. Since the barrel is cut at the gas block the back pressure used from the barrel is minimal therefore not allowing enough pressure through the tube to cycle the bolt. Ya gotta think these things through before you start hacking up barrels. IMO remove that barrel and replace it before someone of authority sees you with it. 25 years is a long time.
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  4. pkcgbifaid

pkcgbifaid Member

If that lower is registered then I'd have to say I like the paint job and I bet that sucker is LOUD!!

But if that lower is not a NFA registered lower, you just admitted... with pictures on a public forum... to committing a Federal offense. I'm not totally up on all the laws, but I believe short barreled rifles add around 10 years to Federal sentencing guidlines.
  5. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

It looks cool i admit.. But its now a BATF restricted weapon. Rifles require a minimum length of 16 inches or they are illegal without an SBR tax stamp. Secondly, that rifle operates on direct gas impingement. Since you just snipped the barrel off at the gas block the gas pressure isnt going to have time to unlock the bolt before the bullet exits and pressures vent. Were talking miliseconds here. Im betting it shortstrokes at best..

I do hope you have the batf paperwork covering it though. They tend to lock up and forget about folks that violate batf firearms regs. Not to mention strip you of your right to ever own a firearm again.
  6. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

$$$DISCLAIMER$$$$$ DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME. We here at TFF do not condone the actions of the poster and recommend everyone follow the law when rebuilding or altering anything on your firearms. As stated in several posts, this firearm is not legal without the proper documentation and will lead to your arrest and jail time.
  7. ka64

ka64 Well-Known Member

More like Pugly, why would you do that?
  8. Cooper

Cooper New Member

Anybody spot the adjustable gas block? I believe the gas port has already been enlarged (probably to much so) so they had to replace the origional gas block with a adjustable one. Other than that ONE part the upper and barrel are bot colt parts.

IF its still the factory port size and it does NOT work I will increase it to the standard .093 port size of the 10.5's....that should make it work, IF not than I'm going to install a pistol length gas system, weld up the old hole, and make a mini dissipator.

Worse comes to worse I cut up a JUNK barrel with a badly pinned and wiggling flash hider....Not a real big loss there.

Since everyone is getting there panties in a wad...

Its a factory colt SBR lower.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  9. ka64

ka64 Well-Known Member

Don't wear Panties & if I were to own an illegal weapon I wouldn't post pictures of it on the internet..........
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2011
  10. Cooper

Cooper New Member

Do you not see the picture of the tax stamp I JUST posted?
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2011
  11. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

I really like the color on that thing. What is the finish? DuraCoat?

Glad you have the paperwork in order. Sorry if it seemed like we were a little fixated on that part; more than once we've had people openly admit to committing federal crimes (and provide documentation proving it). It would be foolish to think that we never have BATFE agents checking in on us.
  12. ka64

ka64 Well-Known Member

OOPS, My Bad.

Still pondering the Panties thing..........
  13. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Yes, I see it and I am glad you have it. We are carefull to make certain we dont condone any illegal gun building and for that you should not take offense. Just trying to maintain the integrity of the best forum on the web.
  14. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

Maybe you should have posted that tax stamp a little earlier. It would have saved all of us a little grief. :)

Some people are unaware of breaking NFA laws so we have to help them watch out. I'm glad you have your ducks in a row.
  15. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

You should vacuum the corners of your steps sometime in the near future!
    Nice concept - what kind of accuracy are you getting with it? Hows the muzzle flash? What kind of mileage are you getting with that mini-bike?